What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Accoun

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got paid and now I'm hovering my mouse over the buy button for the OR15. The only hesitation I have is because I checked the prices on the one local website that has an archive and it's definitely on the more expensive side of the used market. On one hand that was a year ago and it's the first one since then, on the other most of individual sellers moved to the other site, which doesn't have the archive so hell knows when another one appears.

Gonna sleep on it, but most likely still will order tomorrow - maybe even on the bus to work.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Picked this up used from Guitar Center because I've always wanted a silverburst single cut. Not sure I'm going to keep it.

The Macassar ebony gives it kind of a rosewood vibe that I don't like with silverburst... But really it's the burst on the back being off center that's killing my ocd need for things to be symmetrical.

Am I being too harsh? I mean, I can't see either one while I'm playing!

220801307_10102851009930356_8715626142506896104_n.jpg

236015056_10102851009980256_2850841767844862730_n.jpg

232554933_10102851009880456_4555285501935699370_n.jpg

I’m generally not all that perturbed by things, but that burst on the back would be non-starter for me. Hell, the pic alone is annoying my brain.

Beyond that, if you’re not happy with the guitar, definitely return it.

Accoun

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got paid and now I'm hovering my mouse over the buy button for the OR15. The only hesitation I have is because I checked the prices on the one local website that has an archive and it's definitely on the more expensive side of the used market. On one hand that was a year ago and it's the first one since then, on the other most of individual sellers moved to the other site, which doesn't have the archive so hell knows when another one appears.

Gonna sleep on it, but most likely still will order tomorrow - maybe even on the bus to work.

Well, the problem "solved" itself. Someone was earlier :-/

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Debating on if I hate the Schecter's pickups, to finally give the Lundgren M6 or BKP Impulse a shot, try a BKP Painkiller again, or go tried and true EMG.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Now that I've found more success with the Axe FX III than I anticipated and have a new guitar in the works, I'm starting to delve in to an upgraded monitoring set up. Snagged a pair of used Eris 3.5s locally right after I got the Axe so I could have more than just headphones, but they're not exactly the deepest sounding monitors out there.

Looking at Kali Audio or some of the KRK V series. Real debate though is do I want to go 2 way or 3 way and incorporate a sub. I'm leaning 2 way w/sub, but the chance of having the crossover in the upper midrange screw with what I'm hearing makes me want a 3 way speaker.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Contemplating the following:

Dingwall T Roc 4 (standard one)

Harley Benton Fretless jazz copy

Charvel So Cal 2 with the trem in black

Bit of a random mix I know. Then again the HB could really be an and instead of an or...

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Mark IIC+/++ has arrived back from Mesa. First impressions are that there has been a noticeable shift in the attack and feel. It's much closer to how my old JP-2C felt, which I think is quite interesting given how many people will tell you that they're not at all comparable. And mine is a DRG, so not the inspiration for the JP-2C (HRG).

I feel like I should have recorded more of the boosted IIC as I really liked that tone, it was just that at max gain + boost it was barely coming into saturated metal tone. But it was warm and full. The C+ is I guess thinner, with more gain, more aggression (especially in C++), with a lead sound that is much smoother and singing and Petrucci-esque.

Originally the clean was really great, a big surprise on how much so, but the reverb sucked. Added a ton of noise and mud. Mike totally fixed that, and sounds great now, and the clean seems largely unchanged from IIC.

The Mesa guys did a great job too. Packing was top notch, and Mike was great to work with and helped me out when one of my NOS tubes went bad. Though I also can't rule out the effect of that tube on the overall sound unfortunately... stops me from making a more fair A/B comparison.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Line 6 Helix rack unit
Before looking up what that was I assumed it was that fairly afforable midi guitar pedal they have which is like almost in competition with the nueral fx pedal and axe fx penal but then realized it's this big ass rack unit?

What makes you choose this at this price range over everything else? I really respect your input especially when it comes to ITB solutions and real amps too since I've jotted down a couple to be on the look out for thanks to you.

Reaction score
Before looking up what that was I assumed it was that fairly afforable midi guitar pedal they have which is like almost in competition with the nueral fx pedal and axe fx penal but then realized it's this big ass rack unit?

What makes you choose this at this price range over everything else? I really respect your input especially when it comes to ITB solutions and real amps too since I've jotted down a couple to be on the look out for thanks to you.
It's gonna be the brain for the strings of my band. With a Cymatic Audio LP-6 doing all the midi controlling and backing tracks..the Line 6 will be the amp that the bassist, guitarist, and I will plug into. I'm building a 1 tower system that'll house everything the band needs so we don't have so much gear to carry and none of us will have to worry about changing sounds and whatnot

Accoun

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So instead of the Orange deal that fell through, as a (belated) birthday present to myself I ordered a Harley Benton PJ bass.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Picked this up used from Guitar Center because I've always wanted a silverburst single cut. Not sure I'm going to keep it.

The Macassar ebony gives it kind of a rosewood vibe that I don't like with silverburst... But really it's the burst on the back being off center that's killing my ocd need for things to be symmetrical.

Am I being too harsh? I mean, I can't see either one while I'm playing!

220801307_10102851009930356_8715626142506896104_n.jpg

236015056_10102851009980256_2850841767844862730_n.jpg

232554933_10102851009880456_4555285501935699370_n.jpg

If you decide to return this, maybe consider the new Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst. It’s only burst on top but it looks great and as @USMarine75 has mentioned that Epiphone’s quality is really high right now

laxu

Reaction score
It's gonna be the brain for the strings of my band. With a Cymatic Audio LP-6 doing all the midi controlling and backing tracks..the Line 6 will be the amp that the bassist, guitarist, and I will plug into. I'm building a 1 tower system that'll house everything the band needs so we don't have so much gear to carry and none of us will have to worry about changing sounds and whatnot

I suggest you play with Helix Native for this setup to make sure the Helix has enough processing power to run all you need at once.

')