What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Stiman

Reaction score
I just sold my Fender Strat, because I want to get the Strat that I actually wanted all along - the AZ.

Hoping they release a cool new AZ in 2024, but if not, I want to get an AZ224F. IMO it's the best looking AZ they've made (the Topaz burst color).

I just love that even the Premium ones have locking tuners and stainless steel frets. And the roasted neck :chefskiss

If not, I'll get an AZ2204 Prestige instead.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
@Alberto7 That thing is schmokin hot! If there was ever a perfect place for abalone to reside, it's on that guitar right there. BTW beautiful flame both sides. Congratulations, man.
Thanks! Yeah, this thing really scratches that flamed maple itch that I've had for the longest time. Flamed front, back, AND sides as well. Even the pickguard. It's laminated woods, sure, but it looks great and sounds pretty good to my ears. Really not the kind of guitar I normally play, but it does get me to play differently which is always a good thing. It'll probably go on a wall somewhere in the living room. Too pretty to keep out of sight.

That's super nice. Congrats!

Thanks! The only downsides it has are a small chip on the plastic nut that's really just aesthetic, a tiny crack on the neck binding (probably a fret that tried to sprout), and the pots are a little scratchy and VERY much non-linear. Like the volume at anything less than 75% starts to VERY quickly kill more and more highs and mids. I thought of maybe giving it a treble bleed mod, but I may just replace the pots for better quality ones at some point down the road.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Me "I literally have no more physical space for any more gear" also me "Ooooh that LP is nice!" :lol:

There's always more physical space for more gear. Just think about it longer. For instance, you have a coffee table? A whole table for resting drinks on when you could just easily rest them on more cabs?

Matt08642

Reaction score
After making my old Squier HSH, I kind of want to do the same to my Fender. That guitar has seen so many iterations I'm getting tired of opening it up :lol:. Just need to buy a middle single coil, but tempted to just get a less expensive one from a manufacturer like Vineham. The Fender "Player series" single coil I put in the Squier sounds great in the split positions so I can't imagine the SC itself is super important as long as it's not trash, and I've heard great things about Vineham specifically anyway, so very little risk there lol.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok I'm now completely jealous. :lol:
Hey, I will say in my defense that you are part of the reason I have come to trust Ibanez a little bit more with some of their less popular offerings. SSO gives me RG content like it's water, sometimes the S series, but turns out they make a killer guitar in any other style. Like, if I want something in particular, Ibanez probably makes it and it'll be a great bang for your buck. It's been a great assessment so far :lol: and I was lucky to run into this one locally for a good deal.

DECEMBER

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A pair of Jensen Tornado Stealth 80 12" 8 ohm speakers are on the way.
And a Fortin Natas and ISP Decimate Micro.

rokket2005

Reaction score
Me “none of your gear has sold” also me “wonder if that store still has that edwards lpc?”
I'd sell you mine, but you don't actually want it and you'd just sell it in a month and a half anyway.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd sell you mine, but you don't actually want it and you'd just sell it in a month and a half anyway.
Want or not i cant buy anything til something sells :lol:.

Main thing is ive tried this one and its $650usd.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ah yes, classic deal-itis: I don't really want or need this, but must buy it anyways because the price is good :lol:

I've got a modified version of this: I don't want or need this, but I did at some point, and now I can buy it for peanuts...

The amount of nostalgia buying I've done is a bit embarrassing.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The mastercard statement landing yesterday was the main stopping point if im being honest - hard resale a second.

I hear you on that... the LP Standard I posted in the GAS thread is only not coming home because $3500 for a Standard after tax is insane and I know resale is at best $2k'ish. Plus I just bought that switcher I wasn't planning on

Moongrum

Reaction score
Aannd it is home! This thing is NICE and literally plays flawlessly. I 100% buy the rumors of this neck being made by the J.Custom people, because the fretwork is absolutely impeccable. (Though with signs of use.) Like it blows my mind I only paid 600 CAD for this.
Need to shred some George Benson on that :shred:

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Ah yes, classic deal-itis: I don't really want or need this, but must buy it anyways because the price is good :lol:
How about used-custom-guitar-itis: I don’t need this guitar but I was planning on getting one some time in the nebulous future and who knows when another one in this color/fretboard/price will pop up for sale again?

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Been wanting to have a guitar in D standard/Drop C without having to use the pitch block in the FM3 since it gets a bit wonky on clean and overdriven tones. Rather than buy another guitar (blasphemy) I'm thinking of grabbing my first guitar from my mother's place and fixing it up. It's an old Jay Turser strat copy.

Swap out the saddles, replace the nut and tuners, and get an HSS or HH pickguard since I've got tons of spare pickups laying around. I'm sure the fretboard and frets are kinda gnarly, too.

That or I should give in to GAS and reserve one of those Ibanez GRG121SPs in that sick color flop finish. :hmmm:

Shask

Reaction score
Me "I literally have no more physical space for any more gear" also me "Ooooh that LP is nice!" :lol:
I keep struggling between wanting to become more of a minimalist and having less stuff in general, and well.... that needs to apply to my guitar stuff also... lol

Latest posts

')