What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know a percentage of the fractal forum uses their axefx with a power amp and cab to get the “amp in the room” techno describes.

I never felt it was missing so I havent tried to replicate it.

“If you want “amp in the room” sound, you need to run an amp (axe/ax8/fm*+ power amp and cab) in the room.”

Yep tried that too... still not the same :lol:

That said it's really all a preference thing so do what you want

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's interesting, I think there is a lot more of an argument for the Axe FX live then there is in a studio/home environment 😂

Live, having all the tone in one unit with a simple controller is so convenient. Trying to get that kind of control with standalone pedals and amps is an expensive nightmare.

At home, I'd just buy a reactive load box and keep the amps. No pressure to do a bunch of fancy switching, the amps being cumbersome isn't an issue... really there is no incentive to get rid of anything unless you need space.

Shask

Reaction score
Looking to downsize and streamline my studio setup and sell off most of my amps. Thinking of selling my ENGL Ironball, Mesa Mark V 35, Bogner Uberschall tube amps and replace them all with either a Fractal Axe FX III or Kemper and keep my Mezzabarba MZero. Hardware amp models are so good now that for recording guitar that makes my life easier. I do not play in a band nor live so no need for tube amps. Thoughts? Also very interested in studio friendly amps like the new Diezel VHX that has the greatest hits of Diezel all tube goodness plus onboard effects or the Rev Generator.
Yeah, I also dont understand the idea that not playing live means you dont need tubes. Just play what sounds and feels good to play. I also agree that a reactive load box is a very useful tool for home playing.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
It's interesting, I think there is a lot more of an argument for the Axe FX live then there is in a studio/home environment 😂

Live, having all the tone in one unit with a simple controller is so convenient. Trying to get that kind of control with standalone pedals and amps is an expensive nightmare.

At home, I'd just buy a reactive load box and keep the amps. No pressure to do a bunch of fancy switching, the amps being cumbersome isn't an issue... really there is no incentive to get rid of anything unless you need space.
Space, the money the gear turns into, the volume and routing possibilities without needing to check cable runs etc… axe in both scenarios ;)

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Space, the money the gear turns into, the volume and routing possibilities without needing to check cable runs etc… axe in both scenarios ;)

Don't get me wrong, I won't be selling mine any time soon, but I reckon if I hadn't already owned one from gigging, I don't think I'd buy one for home jams. Luckily I'm spoiled and get to have amps and Axe 😁

')