What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
I don't need any other guitars, but at the same time this has me tempted:

View attachment 147295

SE McCarty 594 SC I played at an L&M was just incredibly nice, also unbelievably loud acoustically.
It’s a fun guitar. Kinda want another in that color or charcoal :lol: Got the blue double cut and I was surprised that the stock pickups were actually pretty good and not just online hype. Dropping a Duncan Custom in the bridge cause I’d like a little more output, but the neck is staying. Also easily the lightest guitar I own, was expecting something more like my LP, but nope. Probably just luck of the draw but my SE custom from the same year is substantially heavier.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in an interesting position where I actually have all the instruments that I want and need with the exception of an original edge equipped guitar since I got rid of the genesis and rg652 I briefly had. I think I may try to score another newer rg652 from the period after the neck humps.

Screamingdaisy

Reaction score
I don't really like compression and have thus far refused to use it (I'd rather they compress me at the soundboard as I don't hate the sound, I just don't want to feel it).

However... I've been talked into starting to use compression, and this seems to be the flavour of the day for 4-5 years now, so.... here goes?

19143324_800.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Welp the stars aligned kinda lol. I had a Duncan EMTY set a long time ago I didn't jive with, but no other actives to compare it with

But now I have a slew of EMGs, I have an emty neck pickup, and I just found an emty bridge for cheap. So yeah I finally get the chance to try it again

ezboarderz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've just ordered an RG2027XL from the UK for the fine sum of £999 new. It was an ex display model (Ibanez display, not shop display). It appears to have some mild wear on the bridge if anything.

Does that make it a used prestige?
congrats! i have a used on of those myself and it absolutely slays. Its the best 7 string ive ever played. I didnt mesh with the pickups though but swapped them to lundgren black heavens which were def a step up from those.

ezboarderz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yesterday i snagged a used marshall sc212 stealth that the previous owner swapped the v-tech speakers to vintage 30s and its perfect with the savage mkii. This is the first time ive been "satisfied" with the tones i am getting both from a loadbox + irs and the in the room tone with this cab.

IMG_5344.jpg

Shask

Reaction score
Welp the stars aligned kinda lol. I had a Duncan EMTY set a long time ago I didn't jive with, but no other actives to compare it with

But now I have a slew of EMGs, I have an emty neck pickup, and I just found an emty bridge for cheap. So yeah I finally get the chance to try it again
I have always been curious about those pickups

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
I've just ordered an RG2027XL from the UK for the fine sum of £999 new. It was an ex display model (Ibanez display, not shop display). It appears to have some mild wear on the bridge if anything.

Does that make it a used prestige?
where was this and how did I not see it?

ah GuitarGuitar, not quite as attractive with VAT included

Last edited:

oniduder

HONKEY DONKEY
Reaction score
damn i got to stop buying anything

waiting on another ONI,

bought 2 thiele 2x12 cabinets from moon cabinetry, hoping that pair is done within the next month or so, excited about that

but i really gotta stop, i might need to go to like a GA, gas anonymous and i'm not sure how kidding i'm being

like it's a problem, i'm constantly shopping although with nothing in mind, get bored then buy, sell rinse repeat

the older i get the more i realize that having uhhh 20 amps or however many i've had over the years is mmm how you say, dumb

all that being said,

Wizard hell razor,

again not sure if i'm kidding

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
damn i got to stop buying anything

waiting on another ONI,

bought 2 thiele 2x12 cabinets from moon cabinetry, hoping that pair is done within the next month or so, excited about that

but i really gotta stop, i might need to go to like a GA, gas anonymous and i'm not sure how kidding i'm being

like it's a problem, i'm constantly shopping although with nothing in mind, get bored then buy, sell rinse repeat

the older i get the more i realize that having uhhh 20 amps or however many i've had over the years is mmm how you say, dumb

all that being said,

Wizard hell razor,

again not sure if i'm kidding
Getting offline cures most of it.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I really dig these...and they (Forney) no longer make the matching alumininum pup covers. SSO, any recommendations where I might find best color-matching SSS covers?

View attachment 147468
Forney is awesome. I didn't realize they used to make pickup covers. That's too bad, they would've been awesome!

--

I can't seem to find another pedal to fit the space left on my board that the Kernom Ridge can't replicate, and has MIDI built in. Don't really want to buy a switcher for one pedal. I could maybe switch to an MC6 Pro and try using the relay switching on it to control a pedal with external control, but I'd have to reconfigured my board in a weird way. Kinda debating a Friedman IR-X, but I don't know if I'd use it much. I'm not using the amp modeling in my HX Stomp and would prefer to use the amp's sound and let the pedals enhance it...

')