What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Thinking about upgrading from my Boss MS-3 and getting a Line 6 Helix. I'd put the Synergy Syn-2 in the first loop, and some Marshall reissue pedals (Bluesbreaker, Drivemaster, Shredmaster, Guv'nor) in the remaining loops. Maybe it will also replace my Boss BF-3 Flanger/MXR EVH Flanger (I swap back and forth from time to time) and/or my Whammy DT.

Anyone do this (at least Helix + Synergy Syn-2)? Does it ruin the feel too much? Any tips/tricks to set up the Helix when I first get it so that it pairs well with my setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ezboarderz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Did you need to perform any routing? When I installed Black Winters in my 2077 I did have to widen tabs and depth, I why rather avoid it if I could (in the middle of a move and some of my tools have already gone).

I have a spare set of PAFs which I like a lot in my S7420, so I have some options.
nope no routing needed. Lundgren made a custom black heaven set specifically for the rg2027xl. It just drops right in. Its also the reason i had to go the custom route with seymour duncan, as they need to do that for the triangle baseplate. Ill shoot you a dm once i get that set, otherwise ill make a post in the gear for sale and link the reverb listing when the time comes.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bodies are at the painter for nitro sparklies, basically Charvel-style San Dimas and DeMartini body shapes. Reverse headstock birdseye necks.

blue-flake.png

purple-flake.png

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I can't seem to find another pedal to fit the space left on my board that the Kernom Ridge can't replicate, and has MIDI built in. Don't really want to buy a switcher for one pedal. I could maybe switch to an MC6 Pro and try using the relay switching on it to control a pedal with external control, but I'd have to reconfigured my board in a weird way. Kinda debating a Friedman IR-X, but I don't know if I'd use it much. I'm not using the amp modeling in my HX Stomp and would prefer to use the amp's sound and let the pedals enhance it...
I always forget the Stomp has a loop. I could literally put any pedal I want in there and MIDI switch it on and off, which I think is enough for me. Seriously considering picking up the Science Amps Mother Preamp, then.

')