What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I managed to grab a Modulus strat from Dave's Guitars for what I think was a pretty good price ($1075). I've been after one of those carbon graphite neck guitars for a long time, so hoping it sounds as good as it looks. Sadly Dave's deleted the original listing it seems, just have one pic and it's of the body:

910187.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I managed to grab a Modulus strat from Dave's Guitars for what I think was a pretty good price ($1075). I've been after one of those carbon graphite neck guitars for a long time, so hoping it sounds as good as it looks. Sadly Dave's deleted the original listing it seems, just have one pic and it's of the body:

910187.jpg
Classic Narad™ strip and refin planned? I had no idea Modulus even made regular guitars but that makes sense. I imagine it didn't come stock H-H-H?

rokket2005

Reaction score
I managed to grab a Modulus strat from Dave's Guitars

I looked at that briefly but it's so off my radar that I didn't want to mess with potential issues on a 30+ year old guitar that I didn't know the value of. I did see it had a T-top in the middle which will at least recoup some of the cost should you decide to change pickups/config. Dave's had a Zion a little while back for around the same price that I looked at and said that's a Narad guitar. I saved a picture of it somewhere.

narad

Reaction score
Classic Narad™ strip and refin planned? I had no idea Modulus even made regular guitars but that makes sense. I imagine it didn't come stock H-H-H?

My hope is this will replace my ESP strip down and refin plan for a Roland GK guitar. Yea, it wasn't HHH and the routing is a bit rough, but I'll probably mod it for a floyd and make it SSS with the GK pickups.

I looked at that briefly but it's so off my radar that I didn't want to mess with potential issues on a 30+ year old guitar that I didn't know the value of. I did see it had a T-top in the middle which will at least recoup some of the cost should you decide to change pickups/config. Dave's had a Zion a little while back for around the same price that I looked at and said that's a Narad guitar. I saved a picture of it somewhere.

Ah dude, I'm looking for a Zion :D Maybe this can substitute, but yea, that's definitely a Narad guitar. Fortunately I'm in the US this week to grab this, otherwise I usually just watch them come and go on Reverb.

narad

Reaction score
How much was that again? I hear you on the TA bowling ball, but still, this was A+++ color combo.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Picked up a cheap Carvin 412, gonna throw some Mojotone British Vintages and Greyhounds in an X pattern. I hear the cabs are built like tanks :shrug: will report back.
When you pull the speakers look at how the baffles are mounted. Mine were joined at every edge and glued. Even 1960A’s aren’t that stable! It’s pretty fucking cool that these can still be had cheap.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
When you pull the speakers look at how the baffles are mounted. Mine were joined at every edge and glued. Even 1960A’s aren’t that stable! It’s pretty fucking cool that these can still be had cheap.
Good to hear! It hasn't arrived yet, but it looks to be a 1989 model with Carvin British Vintage 12's in it. If anyone has any info on those that'd be awesome. Looks like they're made by eminence?

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Good to hear! It hasn't arrived yet, but it looks to be a 1989 model with Carvin British Vintage 12's in it. If anyone has any info on those that'd be awesome. Looks like they're made by eminence?
Yup, eminence made! Basically a proto-redcoat according to @wheresthefbomb

They sounded pretty damn good to my ears, a little much in the 550hz-ish and smooth in the high mids for my taste but they were pretty cool! According Mike from Omega they are one of Mick Thomson’s favorite speaker.

I found them to be pretty tight in the low end, they’d probably be awesome with something bright and big sounding (maybe a res and pres cranked 5150 variant or a heavily boosted recto of some kind).

Latest posts

')