What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DestroyMankind

Reaction score
I'm not sure if sending gear in to get updated counts as purchases or not, but I sent Shea a crustifixion to update to the newest model, and I sent Brooks of BlackHawk Amplifiers a noise gate to fix since I was getting a bad ground loop with it. I've recently discovered that my 10 band eq is a hell of a boost, although it did take me a while to fine tune it. I have it boosting the green channel of my 6505+ and it sounds amazing. I'm gonna look into sending it to Griffin effects so I can get the silent night mod done to it. I've tried a bunch of different pedals against it (rat, maxon st9 pro plus, sd-1, and a plumes) but the eq is just killing it right now for me. I'm sure next week I'll think the sound sucks though! Haha

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Was going to sell my Asabi, because my Ridge has just been crushing every OD I throw at it. It can nail them all, with much more to show for it... But I A/B'd the Asabi one more time with it and realized that it just can't quite do the throaty mids of the Large Mouse module. I don't know what a real RAT sounds like (never owned one), but there's definitely something unique about the sound of this pedal that all other drives/distortions don't seem to have. It's not a sound I need a lot, but it's worth keeping around because it's killer when needed and the pedal can fill the fuzz void my board lacks, if needed, by turning up the gain more and lowering the volume.

Still kinda debating upgrading to the MC8 Pro when it comes out, though. Just kinda depends on if I can fit everything on the board nicely. I love the Ampero Controls because they're so thin that they perfectly fit on the bottom row of my Pedaltrain and don't obstruct any of my other pedals.

Also I have it on good authority that a certain Fractal devotee around here recently bought a QC.........

Shask

Reaction score
Also I have it on good authority that a certain Fractal devotee around here recently bought a QC.........

Since I have been messing with ToneX lately, I have been thinking about how it seems like lots of metal guys go profiler... Kemper, NDSP, etc... and many of the Fractal users tend to be more solo effects people, or coverband type people.

I dont know if that means anything, but I find it interesting.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Very tempted to buy a Squier Mini Jazzmaster. A short scale guitar seems like a lot of fun right now

')