What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DestroyMankind

Reaction score
I'm not sure if sending gear in to get updated counts as purchases or not, but I sent Shea a crustifixion to update to the newest model, and I sent Brooks of BlackHawk Amplifiers a noise gate to fix since I was getting a bad ground loop with it. I've recently discovered that my 10 band eq is a hell of a boost, although it did take me a while to fine tune it. I have it boosting the green channel of my 6505+ and it sounds amazing. I'm gonna look into sending it to Griffin effects so I can get the silent night mod done to it. I've tried a bunch of different pedals against it (rat, maxon st9 pro plus, sd-1, and a plumes) but the eq is just killing it right now for me. I'm sure next week I'll think the sound sucks though! Haha

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Was going to sell my Asabi, because my Ridge has just been crushing every OD I throw at it. It can nail them all, with much more to show for it... But I A/B'd the Asabi one more time with it and realized that it just can't quite do the throaty mids of the Large Mouse module. I don't know what a real RAT sounds like (never owned one), but there's definitely something unique about the sound of this pedal that all other drives/distortions don't seem to have. It's not a sound I need a lot, but it's worth keeping around because it's killer when needed and the pedal can fill the fuzz void my board lacks, if needed, by turning up the gain more and lowering the volume.

Still kinda debating upgrading to the MC8 Pro when it comes out, though. Just kinda depends on if I can fit everything on the board nicely. I love the Ampero Controls because they're so thin that they perfectly fit on the bottom row of my Pedaltrain and don't obstruct any of my other pedals.

Also I have it on good authority that a certain Fractal devotee around here recently bought a QC.........

Shask

Reaction score
Also I have it on good authority that a certain Fractal devotee around here recently bought a QC.........

Since I have been messing with ToneX lately, I have been thinking about how it seems like lots of metal guys go profiler... Kemper, NDSP, etc... and many of the Fractal users tend to be more solo effects people, or coverband type people.

I dont know if that means anything, but I find it interesting.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Very tempted to buy a Squier Mini Jazzmaster. A short scale guitar seems like a lot of fun right now

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Since I have been messing with ToneX lately, I have been thinking about how it seems like lots of metal guys go profiler... Kemper, NDSP, etc... and many of the Fractal users tend to be more solo effects people, or coverband type people.

I dont know if that means anything, but I find it interesting.
Im doubtful of that a bit. Ndsp have given lots of units to metal bands to promote, which isnt the same as “love it so much i bought one”

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im doubtful of that a bit. Ndsp have given lots of units to metal bands to promote, which isnt the same as “love it so much i bought one”

It's been interesting seeing the number of bands sporting the QC and then they magically no longer use them when the sponsorship money ends. The Intervals tour a couple years ago immediately pops to mind, he was all about the QC and made no secret NDSP was sponsoring the tour... then immediately dumped it as soon as the tour was over.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn I thought I got lucky, but nope! Seems someone bought the bottom to this stack at the exact same time I bought the top! Weird.

Anyways, the cab fucking rocks! It's overbuilt as hell, but surprisingly light! Still a 412 and heavy, but no where near a Mesa weight. Thick plywood and sealed back, front loaded plywood baffle. I pulled the speakers hoping to see some Union Jacks but I was let down when I saw the unbranded black backs. After a little research and finding someone asking what these were to Eminence, turns out they are just unbranded Legend 12-75's. I think they sound killer, actually. I don't even know if I'm gonna do a speaker swap :shrug: watch the classified space if you're interested in Mojotone speakers, I might be throwing them up. The stock speakers are nice and bright but have a low mid growl that sounds really cool and have a pretty tight low end. I only got to try it down to drop C, but seems to hold up to lowish tunings.

Don't laugh at the positioning, I had like 30 mins to play with it at my studio and plan to have it down on the floor.

View attachment 147793

Seems to be slightly smaller than a standard Mesa Trad cab, which is fine by me. Can't tell if the handles are just plastic or plastic lined metal, but they FEEL robust, but also feel plastic. I think this will serve me for years to come. Long live cabs!

Did you say you were selling the waza cab on the bottom on another thread or am I matrixing things together like I sometimes do?

Shask

Reaction score
It's been interesting seeing the number of bands sporting the QC and then they magically no longer use them when the sponsorship money ends. The Intervals tour a couple years ago immediately pops to mind, he was all about the QC and made no secret NDSP was sponsoring the tour... then immediately dumped it as soon as the tour was over.
Krank 2.0, lol.

Shask

Reaction score
Got one of those Mooer 005 preamps because it seems like they're harder to find nowadays and one popped up for a good price. Since I got that H&K stereo power amp and ISP theta preamp pedal I thought it would be cool to have a 2nd preamp to go with it
I got rid of some of these recently, but kept the 005 and 011, as they were my favorites. The 005 is very good sounding for what it is.

Shask

Reaction score
Yes the latest and greatest is the hot flavour as we’ve seen since the first hot flavour.
Many have been using them for years, even as others have come and go.

Just an interesting thought. I wonder if there is something about metal tones that makes people prefer profilers over modelers.

sirbuh

Reaction score
Oddity from the 80s, Washburn AF-4 Flanger.
Curious to see how that sounds relative to the BF series.
Also, can likely guess why I bought this, too.

Latest posts

')