What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I've got an old broken wah pedal that I'll probably try to convert to an expression pedal. Am I right in thinking I just need a TRS jack and a replacement pot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
I've got an old broken wah pedal that I'll probably try to convert to an expression pedal. Am I right in thinking I just need a TRS jack and a replacement pot?
Yeah, expression pedals are usually just a 10k linear pot connected to a stereo jack.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And now have stuff on order for two relic HSS floyd strats... doing a tribute to Holmes' Fork (including Jackson USA J-80 in the bridge) guitar and a candy apple red relic CS RTM hum and quarter pounder singles.

Now in the waiting game for parts to come in, finishing to be completed, etc etc etc I am guessing the strats won't be done until sometime early next year and should have the 2 sparkles back from finish around the end of September.

That should be it for the year :lol: Might rebuild my Cameron Jose build into an actual Jose circuit but undecided on that one yet.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
And now have stuff on order for two relic HSS floyd strats... doing a tribute to Holmes' Fork (including Jackson USA J-80 in the bridge) guitar and a candy apple red relic CS RTM hum and quarter pounder singles.

Now in the waiting game for parts to come in, finishing to be completed, etc etc etc I am guessing the strats won't be done until sometime early next year and should have the 2 sparkles back from finish around the end of September.

That should be it for the year :lol: Might rebuild my Cameron Jose build into an actual Jose circuit but undecided on that one yet.
The Fork seems similar to the Henrik Danhage sig. Is it Fork based?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Im probably gonna be in the partscaster realm too soon lol. Wanna get that hardtail reverse headstock Strat idea done one day. Just wanna see if I can find a 1 11/16''+ wide off the shelf neck before I have to dive into Warmoth or anyone else.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Fuck
omg fucking hell you can do that? Oh no I just threw not one but two wah pedals away and was looking at $100 for the fractal controller pedal....

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Fuck

omg fucking hell you can do that? Oh no I just threw not one but two wah pedals away and was looking at $100 for the fractal controller pedal....
Jack and pot are on the way, so I'll let you know how it goes 😅

I'm moving and going to be moving to digital and this just flashed through my mind. I know there are wah replacement boards you can just buy and drop in, so figured there might be the same for expression. Then I took a look and it's a whole lot simpler!

Shask

Reaction score
Fuck

Broken wahs are always worth something for the shell. Those shells are hard to come by.

Shask

Reaction score
Jack and pot are on the way, so I'll let you know how it goes 😅

I'm moving and going to be moving to digital and this just flashed through my mind. I know there are wah replacement boards you can just buy and drop in, so figured there might be the same for expression. Then I took a look and it's a whole lot simpler!
Yeah, I put a Pedal PCB Tearjerker board in my old Crybaby. Nice tweakable Wah board to work with.

For expression, you literally just need the 3 lugs on the pot to go to the 3 lugs on the stereo jack, lol. Only way you can really screw it up is to do it backwards.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Got a line on a Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 and a Peavey Heritage VTX, both in what look to be immaculate condition. 600 USD for the pair. I'll be driving down to check them out in a couple weeks.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Yeah, I put a Pedal PCB Tearjerker board in my old Crybaby. Nice tweakable Wah board to work with.

For expression, you literally just need the 3 lugs on the pot to go to the 3 lugs on the stereo jack, lol. Only way you can really screw it up is to do it backwards.
Dunlop even sells a reasonably replacement boards for the GCB-95. Even that is a great offering just to have available. It was probably you or JazzHands that put the idea in my head.

')