What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
How would you compare the two? Did you hang on to the TH100 for awhile or was it an immediate sell after trying?
I had the TH50, TH100 and TH200; don't remember keeping any of them particularly long. I found the 50 to be more like a high gain fuzz - it was much too loose and muddy. The TH100 was tighter but rather than the bass heavy fuzz, I found it to have a ton of fizziness in the top end which was impossible to dial out with the simplified onboard EQ. I've heard people say the 100 and 200 are great for metal, but I didn't find that to be the case at all, whereas the original Rockerverb 100 Mk I is still one of my favorite high gain British amps I've ever owned 🤷‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The Rockerverb was made for more traditional rock and metal sounds, while to me the RThunderverb sounds like it's meant to have that classic Orange sludge albeit with a lot more gain. I always thought the RV was the better of the two

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
RVmk3 sounds deadly in what I’ve heard from it. That’d be my pick - use pedals for something it cant do if required.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
The Rockerverb was made for more traditional rock and metal sounds, while to me the RThunderverb sounds like it's meant to have that classic Orange sludge albeit with a lot more gain. I always thought the RV was the better of the two
Yep, would definitely agree with this.

Briz

Lifelong Learner
Reaction score
Waiting on an Aristides 070R build to complete in the next couple of weeks. I'm glad I paid the second payment a couple of months back, because the USD to EUR conversion rate has increased by $.04 and seems to be rising.

Also going to grab some more Dunlop Flow 2.0 picks. Shout-out to the pick thread. These picks have made playing fun again.

')