What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
How would you compare the two? Did you hang on to the TH100 for awhile or was it an immediate sell after trying?
I had the TH50, TH100 and TH200; don't remember keeping any of them particularly long. I found the 50 to be more like a high gain fuzz - it was much too loose and muddy. The TH100 was tighter but rather than the bass heavy fuzz, I found it to have a ton of fizziness in the top end which was impossible to dial out with the simplified onboard EQ. I've heard people say the 100 and 200 are great for metal, but I didn't find that to be the case at all, whereas the original Rockerverb 100 Mk I is still one of my favorite high gain British amps I've ever owned 🤷‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The Rockerverb was made for more traditional rock and metal sounds, while to me the RThunderverb sounds like it's meant to have that classic Orange sludge albeit with a lot more gain. I always thought the RV was the better of the two

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
RVmk3 sounds deadly in what I’ve heard from it. That’d be my pick - use pedals for something it cant do if required.

Briz

Lifelong Learner
Reaction score
Waiting on an Aristides 070R build to complete in the next couple of weeks. I'm glad I paid the second payment a couple of months back, because the USD to EUR conversion rate has increased by $.04 and seems to be rising.

Also going to grab some more Dunlop Flow 2.0 picks. Shout-out to the pick thread. These picks have made playing fun again.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
It’s back and running like a champ. Pup approved.

IMG_1376.jpeg

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
God damn do I have the craziest fucking gear FOMO lately, every choice feels like the wrong one for the guitar I want to grab for B standard; for a while I wanted something traditional, like an SG or that LP Special II, but then I didn't really want to have mis-matched scales for whatever OCD reasons, and if I DO get an SG, I'd rather have it in Eb for Coheed stuff (which I still might do).

I thought about another telecaster in a slightly more "metal" finish than my current one, but also just having one in tobacco burst with gold hardware like an LPC in Tele form also is appealing; the only downside is then I thing about playing metal on a tele - something I already do with my white one - and my brain poo-poos it for whatever reason as well!

I do like the recent Schecter I picked up, although my old man brain apparently does need inlays, so I think I'm gonna trade in the Hellraiser/Gus G LTD and cab + sell the ATX locally for the same price I paid for it (damn good price for the level of guitar they are), and either grab an Evil Twin since I truly do not mind the roman numeral inlays, or take a look at the used KM6 MK3 that's been sitting at one of the local GC forever. It's pricier than I'd prefer for a guitar that won't get a crazy amount of use at the moment, but I know long term it'd definitely be worth the price to have around.

CWill91x

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My singlecut McCarty hasn’t even arrived yet and I’m already itching to pull the trigger on another SE. Would have loved the violet but just don’t like the black back and neck on it, and the turquoise always looks nice.

Attachments

• IMG_4786.jpeg
    IMG_4786.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
My singlecut McCarty hasn’t even arrived yet and I’m already itching to pull the trigger on another SE. Would have loved the violet but just don’t like the black back and neck on it, and the turquoise always looks nice.
Thats my biggest gripe about a lot of PRSes. I love finished/stained backs, be it a dark brown or transparent back. When it's plain natural it just doesn't look right to me.
I'm normally a blue fanatic, but when PRS first released the SE CE24, I *immediately* went for the black cherry one because of the blue one having the ugly unfinished back

Shask

Reaction score
Thats my biggest gripe about a lot of PRSes. I love finished/stained backs, be it a dark brown or transparent back. When it's plain natural it just doesn't look right to me.
I'm normally a blue fanatic, but when PRS first released the SE CE24, I *immediately* went for the black cherry one because of the blue one having the ugly unfinished back
Yeah, I really liked that turquoise SE CE but the turquoise against the natural wood was a little weird looking to me. I like the satin turquoise much better since the body color is consistent.

CWill91x

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
See, I would love if they had matching transparent backs, but I prefer the unfinished look over the cheap looking solid black paint that they did on the violet. It’s why I wrestled so hard on which McCarty to choose because I like more colorful guitars and can’t stand boomer bursts, but those are the ones with appropriately matching backs. I still chose the faded blue in the end.

I think the lightly stained approach like on my Les Paul Modern would have been a slightly better approach than a total clear, even. The clear on the backs is something I attribute to the Kieselification of everything in the past handful of years. The solid black back with a different color top only ever worked on certain Gibson gold tops. Maybe if it was a darker purple on top it wouldn’t be so jarring.

Last edited:
')