What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I've been listening to Elder a whole lot lately, and it has me looking to get into fuzz pedals for the first time in my life lol. Currently deciding between a Black Arts Pharaoh (ala Elder) or a Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom. I think both would be great -- not looking to full on doom fuzz, just have a moderate amount of gain going on. I also don't really have an appropriate amp for that kind of sound, so that's something to look into also.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Not sure if this is appropriate for this thread, but it is for guitar.....thinking of buying a Macbook Air to have something small/portable for music making and no fans. Haven't had the best of luck with Windows laptops (my windows desktop is fine). Trying to decide if I should buy the first gen M1 one from Walmart for $700, or try to cop a newer model from Apple's refurbished store to get 16+ gb of ram🤔
welp, finally bought a macbook air, an M2. Still feel bad, because it just feels weird to spend so much on a laptop, but glad to have the right tool for my needs😮‍💨

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been listening to Elder a whole lot lately, and it has me looking to get into fuzz pedals for the first time in my life lol. Currently deciding between a Black Arts Pharaoh (ala Elder) or a Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom. I think both would be great -- not looking to full on doom fuzz, just have a moderate amount of gain going on. I also don't really have an appropriate amp for that kind of sound, so that's something to look into also.
I suggest start with the OG circuits: cheaper, easier to find in various forms and you dont have to spend a lot to see if you like it. This has worked out for me :yesway:

Also any amp is a doom amp if you play doom riffs on it ;) fuzz will get you most of the way there for sure.

My rec is a used ehx triangle fuzz (OG big muff ‘68 circuit iirc)dunlop fuzzface (ignore the shape fuzz face sounds great), cheapest Rat available locally and a tonebender of some sort. Treble booster is fun but not where i’d start.

In my fuzz journey, fuzzface is my main with big muff being wicked at wall of sound, tonebender mk1.5 for zipper splat goodness (theres many tb’s) and treble booster for a little extra.

Lots of folks love various Rat versions but the mid frequencies and me dont gel. Had a real one, didnt really use it, sold it. My fuzzrocious secret C is rat based and same deal (havent used its dip switches).

')