What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
Bought an ISP Vector 210 sub on a whim. I've been looking for but haven't been able to find the vector sl for awhile. Have no idea how well the 210 will stack up but excited to try it out. Also picked up an ESP Technical House guitar in a trade. I'll post it in the ESP thread tomorrow when I get a chance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well shit that Strat project is gonna happen lol. Found a candy apple red Affinity Strat for a hundo so I'm gonna work it off that

GVwBh8CXEAEVbhU.jpeg

So I thought I was gonna get a reverse/lefty neck for this. But that'll probably be a more down-the-road thing. At the moment I'm thinking of just leaving the neck be and refinishing the headstock black

Order a black H-H pickguard, low-profile pickup rings for that primo heavily-modded-70s/80s strat look. I was debating on going H-S, but I found an 81/85 set for a stupid price so H-H. I still wanna get the thing in my hands though before I go full steam ahead

So yeah totally not planning a Brad Gillis sorta-ripoff project. :lol:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
View attachment 148776

So I thought I was gonna get a reverse/lefty neck for this. But that'll probably be a more down-the-road thing. At the moment I'm thinking of just leaving the neck be and refinishing the headstock black

Order a black H-H pickguard, low-profile pickup rings for that primo heavily-modded-70s/80s strat look. I was debating on going H-S, but I found an 81/85 set for a stupid price so H-H. I still wanna get the thing in my hands though before I go full steam ahead

So yeah totally not planning a Brad Gillis sorta-ripoff project. :lol:
That'd need a Floyd Rose.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Theoretically the Setius I just bought. But this is my third attempt to purchase a Setius in the last year and I have yet to own one so who knows.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score

An interesting one, for sure. Overall, the EQ is very subtle past like 1/4" of each knobs sweep, which is strange. Not nearly as much gain on tap as I'd hoped, either. It has a really cool tone underneath it all, but balancing the EQ to get enough chunk while also retaining clarity is difficult. Interestingly - the clean channel is GREAT and it's super simple, just a volume and a tone.

That said, when boosted, this thing REALLY comes to life. Freaking brutal, indeed. It's supposedly in the same family as the SLO/Recto but I'm not sure I'm really hearing it. It's got kind of a Marshall flavor to it, but as if you rolled off the top end pretty aggressively. Not really sure how to describe it yet. Gotta play with it more!

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I suggest start with the OG circuits: cheaper, easier to find in various forms and you dont have to spend a lot to see if you like it. This has worked out for me :yesway:

Also any amp is a doom amp if you play doom riffs on it ;) fuzz will get you most of the way there for sure.

My rec is a used ehx triangle fuzz (OG big muff ‘68 circuit iirc)dunlop fuzzface (ignore the shape fuzz face sounds great), cheapest Rat available locally and a tonebender of some sort. Treble booster is fun but not where i’d start.

In my fuzz journey, fuzzface is my main with big muff being wicked at wall of sound, tonebender mk1.5 for zipper splat goodness (theres many tb’s) and treble booster for a little extra.

Lots of folks love various Rat versions but the mid frequencies and me dont gel. Had a real one, didnt really use it, sold it. My fuzzrocious secret C is rat based and same deal (havent used its dip switches).

Thanks for the recs and advice! *thumbsup* Technically right now I'm ampless (except for an Axe II) so I'm kind of all over the place with what I'm looking for. >.>

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I've been going down a rabbit hole of a youtube channel called ambienttrash, and it's about as dangerous as collector//emitter. Anyway he posts a lot of stuff from Black Mass, a brand I had never heard of before, and they have a pickup set that is a humbucker in the bridge and a hum-sized JM in the neck, so I ordered a set. I've been looking for a hum-sized JM pickup for years and they're basically just not made by anyone so I'm pretty excited. Might also pick up something with 22 frets to put them in as well, unless I can find some self-control.

')