What is your "white whale" guitar?

• Thread starter Wynseun
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pahulkster

Reaction score
Sold my JEM777VDY from my band days and I'd love to have it now. Just not a $6k guitar to me so it's not happening. Also been looking for an Ibanez Necromancer's Castle forever but never actually see them when they go up let alone one in the configuration I'd like (H/S, sharktooth, reverse headstock). I'd take anyone though.

For some reason I'd also like an Alembic even though the music usually associated with them is poison to my ears. Combined with the price it's just never ever happening.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

arasys

needs more RRs
Reaction score
Gibson Buckethead Les Paul.. people are asking $11K for it lol *facepalm* but hey it's white and looks like a whale if you force yourself to see it :p

sdfadsfa.jpg

Antiproduct

Reaction score
ESP Standard Horizon NT-II in reindeer blue. These are complete unobtainium and I have given up on ever finding one for sale. If you know of one someone might be willing to part with lmk.
esp-horizon-nt-ii-qm-rdb-9052.jpg
Damn brother, I saw the E-II version of that for around 1k-1.2k€ like 2 years ago on german used market.

Edit: there are like 2 with the wrong headstock on it right now tho

Last edited:

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Damn brother, I saw the E-II version of that for around 1k-1.2k€ like 2 years ago on german used market.

Edit: there are like 2 with the wrong headstock on it right now tho
The current production ones in reindeer blue have the 123 punch of wrong headstock, wrong bridge, wrong headstock logo

I found 2 on Reverb in the correct model but with the wrong color which is unacceptable given the guitar's white whale status to me.

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
ESP LTD Ride the lightning limited edition... Or the Kramer 88 Nightswan lightning

Last edited:

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Ibanez RG "Music of the Sphere"

Some of the graphics in this series aren't super appealing to me but there's a few cool ones. Apparently they only made 30-31 of these, reeks of late 80's early 90s shred vibe.View attachment 124807
I was lucky enough to own one of these. Unfortunately It was terrible and didn't have an original neck but The graphic was beautiful though. Maybe today I'd love it.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
jackson.jpg

Jackson KE1. Always wanted one since I was first into Megadeth. Only ever came across one in Polar White but I was only a little kid and couldn't afford it.

yismnc1f2bt6jeeyxupb.jpg

Gothic Explorer. Had the V in the past but the Explorer is the one I've always wanted

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Black Beauty LPC that doesn't hurt my back, therefore, impossible

sleewell

Reaction score
mayones regius or a electrical guitar company or a dunable yeti

Wynseun

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If I had to choose one "white whale" then it's definitely a mint (or almost mint) RG3120 in Twilight Blue. I don't think I'll need to justify this pick to too many people on SS.org, as it's widely considered to be the pinnacle of Ibanez Prestige.

index.php

Next would be the S6UC. I've always loved Sabres with figured tops and this lightly figured imbuia top is my favourite. I wouldn't normally go for gold hardware, but for this model it just works...so much so that I can even forgive the pickup mounting rings (like most people, I wish Ibanez would offer a 6-string double-locking term equipped Prestige S without mounting rings).

rsmyivgptbsrtthwm0jm.jpg

Also, if it counts as "production or quasi-production", the "Silver" Passion & Warfare 25th Anniversary Universe. This is my all-time favourite swirl colour scheme. I believe they were circa £7k new and when they occasionally pop-up on Reverb the asking price isn't far off this (circa £5.5-6k), which is unfortunately more than I could justify spending on a guitar.

DSC_5770_759d1e04-d035-46e2-be06-4a7e98fe96a9_800x.jpg

I actually went to a guy's house to buy a guitar about 2 weeks ago and he had an S6UC on his wall. Small world.

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
Hello fellow lefty. We just need to collect all of our people and burn the world down until we have equal access to everything that right handed peeps have access to.

Join me and we’ll begin our crusade!
You have equal access to normal guitars...you just choose not to use them :p

(I all seriousness, I would get so frustrated by the reduced choice / higher price if I was left-handed).

oracles

Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Reaction score
20190206_164933.jpg

The Parker Maxxfly 7 I stupidly sold is absolutely at the top of the list. The guy I sold it to has vanished from the internet, so I can't even offer to buy it back.

A USA/CS Jackson KE7, but I can't justify current JCS pricing or wait times, and I know it's not going to get any cheaper or faster.

Always wanted a 76 explorer (not a reissue) in red too

blacai

Reaction score
Caparison apple horn yellow tt... not the 8 strings monstrosity hehe
And ofc the Gibson LP black beauty :_

')