What is your "white whale" guitar?

• Thread starter Wynseun
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
rmza2vy326hjdz1mw4c6.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gnoll

Reaction score
The problem is I can't know if I'll like a guitar before I have it in my hand and plug it in. So the white whale thing, I've sort of given up that way of thinking. If I start drooling over something I think "you know it might not even sound good" and let it go.

ThunderUnderground

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to own one of these. Unfortunately It was terrible and didn't have an original neck but The graphic was beautiful though. Maybe today I'd love it.
Thats' a shame. Did it stay in the UK? I seen a user on jemsite who owns one in the UK but the post was a few years back now so it could be anywhere now.

There's a couple other graphics i would settle on from that series so i may end up with one of them at some point. 🤞

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
Gibson Buckethead Les Paul.. people are asking $11K for it lol *facepalm* but hey it's white and looks like a whale if you force yourself to see it :p

View attachment 124826
Even the Studio version is being posted for sale as high as 8,000 USD. It was 1200-ish back when it was new and in production.

image.png

Then again, the plot thins as it's due to some weirdo people on Reverb.

peterbee

Reaction score
ESP Standard Horizon NT-II in reindeer blue. These are complete unobtainium and I have given up on ever finding one for sale. If you know of one someone might be willing to part with lmk.
esp-horizon-nt-ii-qm-rdb-9052.jpg

This one is pricey, but listed in-stock, and the FAQ says to send an inquiry on international orders.

2023-05-10 15_29_04-ESP Horizon NT-II FM Reindeer Blue - station music - Brave.png

Musiscience

Reaction score
I’m not sure there is such a thing for me right now, as I’m quite content with my guitars, but it used to be this PRS. The ship has sailed though, as not many were made and used ones go for insane prices these days.

2C4992CE-CEE1-427E-8E17-378231D02839.jpeg

94E36CA1-37B1-4FC6-B484-9B25A1459AC8.jpeg

Thesius

Reaction score
Managed to get my two white whales last month and this month. RG5000SG and RGP550 in Lazer blue. Not sure if those count because they were both limited runs. I would love to get a Maxxas, but fuck me are people charging out the ass for those lately.

lost_horizon

Reaction score
Tried many guitars, 6's and 7's and many different pickups. Moving between guitars is tiring so want a do it all axe.

My do it all axes would be:
Per Nillson Singularity 7 - $6k AUD (made in indonesia? No tremolo)
Mattias El Ekhundh Apple 8 - $9k AUD (Would prefer multiscale)
Aristides True Temperament 7 - $5k AUD (Would be a custom order)

Seeing how I can buy a True Temperament multiscale fretboard for $1k and I really want a floating tremelo and only one of the does have that I am tempted to build it myself. However I would jump on these 3 if I could. Just scared to drop more than $5k.

Someone has already posted the Yamaha RS-7 and that is a guitar I would buy regardless of need.

Super rare guitar is the Meegs from Coal Chamber baritone Yamaha SGV. Never went into production. Probably 3 exist? Such a shame.

meegs.JPG

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Tried many guitars, 6's and 7's and many different pickups. Moving between guitars is tiring so want a do it all axe.

My do it all axes would be:
Per Nillson Singularity 7 - $6k AUD (made in indonesia? No tremolo)
Mattias El Ekhundh Apple 8 - $9k AUD (Would prefer multiscale)
Aristides True Temperament 7 - $5k AUD (Would be a custom order)

Seeing how I can buy a True Temperament multiscale fretboard for $1k and I really want a floating tremelo and only one of the does have that I am tempted to build it myself. However I would jump on these 3 if I could. Just scared to drop more than $5k.

Someone has already posted the Yamaha RS-7 and that is a guitar I would buy regardless of need.

Super rare guitar is the Meegs from Coal Chamber baritone Yamaha SGV. Never went into production. Probably 3 exist? Such a shame.

View attachment 124837
Holy shit I didn't know about the Meegs one! Yamaha has had some crazy shit on tap.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
IMG_1410.jpg

Technically an off white whale. Yes these are available but pricewise for me that ship sailed long ago...also I don't play 7 strings anymore
c3d2e7cba6398fd7b46c84c5b85f3735--phantom-guitars.jpg

It's not that the guitar is particularly nice looking but it is Glenn Tipton sig

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Honestly...probably the most basic white chick 5-7-8 guitar

Leda-DELUHI-deluhi-27258177-427-640.jpg

It seems like I can find that exact guitar, other than it's an ESP with different inlays, or it's the exact guitar just an EII. Or I'll find that exact guitar, check my bank account and have a whole big bad 75 cents to my name.

Latest posts

')