What it looks like when your Mother in Law moves in and you loose your music room

• Thread starter XBIGJIMX
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XBIGJIMX

Reaction score
My life is now a sitcom.

Stuff on its way down to the basement. to join the stuff I already moved down...kill me:wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
You poor poor soul :(. Is she atleast nice.... I doubt it.... they never are.... sigh

locke3891

Reaction score
That sucks. My mother-in-law watches my little one while the wife and I are at work. She is mostly nice to me and considerate but when I get home I sometimes think I should just go hide somewhere until she leaves. I am not very social *shrug*

Reaction score
You call it losing a music room, I call it redeemable brownie points that will last for a long long time.

musicaldeath

Herald of Djod
Reaction score
I wish that's how my wife saw it. She sees it has it is her mother's right to move in, no matter what the inconvenience. So there would be no brownie points. It's apparently something I am just supposed to deal with.

At least the mother in law doesn't want to move in. The wife and her mom don't get along very well after a while lol.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
My life is now a sitcom.

You need to get a loop of that late 70's US sitcom canned laughter so you can play that at every "hilarious" mother in law moment....

"Ohhhh.. Mom!.... Not again!!?! "
*Sigh to the camera followed by canned laughter*

GizmoJunior

Reaction score
This most accurately describes how you must feel. :nutkick:
I'm not married but I don't think I could stand my girlfriend's mom for very long.

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
I must be lucky. My in-laws are cool as shit, and they love me to death. They sleep in the music room whenever they visit. They love my creativity, so they completely respect my instruments.

But yeah, if I had to completely sacrifice my music room, that would suck quite a bit.

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
Just remember - that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

No. That which does not kill you will definitely try again. lol

My ex's mom looked at my guitars like they were covered with gasoline and she had the match. She had a bad experience with a musician in the 70's or some shit and didn't like her little girl (30 years old) dating one. lol

Zer01

Reaction score
See, this is why I don't have a music room. If I did, my mother in law would be sure to move in.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Wow man, that sucks hard. I feel for you for sure.

My mother-in-law is a total mooching, lazy POS; so selfishly, I was quite glad when my wife decided to write her off, as I saw myself being forced to support the MiL in the years to come.

')