What kind of picks uses guys from ATB?

• Thread starter MaksMed
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Erick Kroenen

Reaction score
i think he change pick from time to time but you should buy a bunch of picks in different sizes and also styles to see what suits better for you ... everybody has a different way to play and hand size i know most of the guy use dunlop jazz iii, i use a medium size tortex .65mm wich works perfect!

im also fan of mark tremonti!

MaksMed

Reaction score
I'm use jazz 3 but it's interesting to know what kind of picks they're uses

Reaction score
Why do you need to know what kind of picks the dudes use?
I don't know what they use..

But, if you want some advice try out the Nylon Tortex .73s and .88s They are amazing. As for me, I use the .73 .88 and 1mm. The more 'riff-heavy' the song is the higher gauge i will use. The 73s work WONDERS if you're playing a rhythm-style part, if you have a second guitarist you play with, the lead should always use the heavier gauge pick.

Simply, I always go between .88 and 1 and my rhythm guitarist always uses the .73s or the .88.

areyna21

Reaction score
You could try the max grip jazz iii picks they are really good especially if you already play jazz iii.

7StringedBeast

Random Fingers
Reaction score
There's a vid on youtube in which they teach how to play a new song. One of them is using a red pick that looks like a Jazz III, and the other uses a white pick that looks like a 1.5mm Tortex sharp, but I am not sure. Btw I use the 1.5mm tortex sharpies for everything and love them.

pstol

Reaction score
There's a vid on youtube in which they teach how to play a new song. One of them is using a red pick that looks like a Jazz III, and the other uses a white pick that looks like a 1.5mm Tortex sharp, but I am not sure. Btw I use the 1.5mm tortex sharpies for everything and love them.

I use jazz iii ultex for everything and I love them :) They seem to be a common pick for this style these days.

thatguy87

DjentyGoodness
Reaction score
holy shit man 1.5mm?! I'm pretty horrible, but I find that the thinner the pick, the easier it is to sweep... I alternate between .73 and .46mm dunlops.. nylon.

one50watts8ohm

Banana Hammocks...
Reaction score
I use a different pick for each guitar I have. if i'm on my little dinky fender tele. it's got pretty light strings on it compared to my heavy dropped tuned guitars so i'll usually break out a fender medium. When i'm playing metal i'll go with the dunlop jazz ultex 1.0 or just plaing jazz III's. i like the way the let you feel more of what is going into your hands and onto the strings. but for more rhythmic and not as techy i'll go with just a metallica pick (dunlop .88 green tortex) i grew up idolizing those guys so it's what i used when I first picked up the axe so it always feels like coming home.

I've liked some of the tips the guys have given though.

1.Go to the shop and just pick a handful of picks. ie usually local shops have the picks for 50 cents to a dollar each which is usually much cheaper then guitar center's ridiculous price. what is it now like 5$ for 6?

2. if you use flat picks try drilling a hole in the middle for flesh to flesh grip.

')