What kind of rack case should I get?

• Thread starter Metalus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
So i finally have some cash to add to the rest of my rig and I need some info from my fellow ss.org members.

I plan on putting the following things in said rack:

Axe-Fx Ultra
Furman conditioner (havent decided which one yet)
Tube power amp (Havent decided yet maybe a Mesa 2:50).

I was also thinking of getting some sort of pedal tray to put additional things in it such as cables and maybe velcro to attach a future Line 6 relay wireless.

I want something sturdy and shock resistant so if by any chance my clumsy ass drops it, everything will still be fine. I dont know anything at all about rack cases so please help :wavey:. Thanks in advance guys :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
1u power conditioner
2u axe fx
2u power amp
2u for the pedal tray

Go for an 8u case, leaves you 1u spare for the future.

if you want to go all out, get a shock resistant rack (the ones with the foam between the rack and the outside wall of the case, sorry i dont know the correct name :p )

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
1u power conditioner
2u axe fx
2u power amp
2u for the pedal tray

Go for an 8u case, leaves you 1u spare for the future.

if you want to go all out, get a shock resistant rack (the ones with the foam between the rack and the outside wall of the case, sorry i dont know the correct name :p )

This is all you need to know.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Where should i start looking? What brand should i look into specifically?

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Have a look at some of these, shop around and you can find cheaper prices, depends how far you want to go really.

Google

EDIT: that link goes to a google search, not just google, I am not an ass hat like that :lol:

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
8u case ON WHEELS trust me, it'll be asier that way.; Make sure it's sturdy, no plastic crap, as they take a lot of abuse.You can go shockmount if paranoid, but that adds a lot of cash to the price and weight to the case.

Just remember, it's there to protect your expensive toys, so don't buy cheap shit, as when cheap racks break, expensive toys get damaged.

sicstringzen

Reaction score
Stay away from Gator racks, I ordered one based on decent reviews and cheap price. Big mistake, made in China, flimsy as hell. I ended up keeping it, I just reenforced it with an entire roll of gorilla tape :p

')