What ohm is this wiring?

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
index.php

My Sunn200S is wired like this: What are the ohms for each of these jacks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drgordonfreeman

On vacation
Reaction score
Well, that all depends on what in there is wired in series or parallel, and from the picture, I honestly can't tell. :scratch:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Agreed, I'd guess 4 and 8, but that's a pure guess. More info or an ariel photo would be better. You're probably better off just looking it up tbh.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
It's not my photo, I just found this as an example of the wiring, for a Sonaro I believe...
What is the Ohm rating for the Sonic 2

Oh my mistake, the pic is actually from a 200S as well. I opened mine up just to see if it was the same (because 200Ss with no ®after the logo on the front, so it should be one from before 1969 which was supposed to have an 8-4 wiring, and after 69' they switched to 16-8) and it was the same wiring as in the picture.

So I'm about 99.99% sure that it's 8-4 but I don't know which jack is which or if they're wired together in series or parallel, so I don't know if I could use an 8 and a 4 ohm cabinet together with it.

Maybe you guys can see something in that thread I'm missing?

EDIT:
http://www.schematics.ca/modules/PD...oads/sunn_200s.pdf&title=Sunn 200S Schematics

Is that any better? I mean, that doesn't tell me anything other than yeah, it's 8-4, but I don't know anything about wiring.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I don't understand what are you trying to work out?

Which is which?

I'd say the four was the one on the left in the pic, but an qualitative test:
plug an 8 ohm speak and run a load of treble into it in both, the 4ohm will take treble off because there's less negative feedback, effectively less presence.