What operating system(s) are you running?

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Windows 7 Premium or Professional or whatever the hell they're calling it now 64x on this computer. (set to look like classic Windows. I hate all the fancy graphical Bullshit. It's an OS, make it stable and make it eat as little memory as possible. That's all I want).

XP Pro SP3 on the other (much older Music room) computer.

Girlfriend's laptop runs Vista and I honestly can't understand what is up with Vista. Going from XP to 7 was a logical jump everything makes sense and once I got used to the changes I found almost all of them to be vastly superior for work flow and screen usage and whatnot.

But Vista...the in between gap... I don't like it. Not one bit. It's not nearly as bad as everybody makes it out to be but I wouldn't have upgraded from XP to Vista even if I could have afforded it at the time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate only currently.

Up until Win 7 it was always Win XP, Ubuntu Linux and OSx86 running multiboot.

work machines still running Windows XP, but that's what my corporate environment demands.

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it and does everything I need it to do.

raximkoron

Reaction score
Win7 x64 Enterprise & Ubuntu 11.04 by choice. Although thanks to my job, I use OSX 10.4.11, 10.5.8, 10.6.7, 10.7, Windows XP, Vista & rarely BSD when necessary.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
previously Vista 32 bit.

As of 2 days ago, Windows 7 64 bit.

Seems pretty boss once you streamline it for maximum ownage. Love the aero theme aswell.

Not really sure i understand the difference in 32 vs 64 to be honest but i'm not that techy.

somniumaeternum

Reaction score
previously Vista 32 bit.

As of 2 days ago, Windows 7 64 bit.

Seems pretty boss once you streamline it for maximum ownage. Love the aero theme aswell.

Not really sure i understand the difference in 32 vs 64 to be honest but i'm not that techy.

.. why'd you get x64 then?

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Windows 7 on the laptop, XP on the desktop...

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, Ubuntu 11.04 @ home
Windows XP, Windows 7 Pro 32, Debian, AIX @ work

I used to run a hacked version of OSX at home but it was a pain to update so it's gone now :) I still have my Snow Leopard DVD somewhere, gotta thx Apple for selling these cheap :lol:

Cogito

Reaction score
dual bootin Win7x64 and Natty Narwhal.
fantastic combo

irycio

Reaction score
Os X 10.5 on my desktop, Win7 64 and Fedora 14 on my netbook, but I guess I'm gonna change fedora to another linux distro - thinking about opensuse right now, but dunno yet :).

Latest posts

')