What pick(s) do you use?

• Thread starter BoredomKills
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rayisametalkid

Reaction score
tired the JazzIII, i like to 1mm stubbies, easy to find and they stay sharp, used to use the green jim dunlops, but they became hard to find in my area, and i can get the stubbies moving faster than the bigger picks.

GXPO

Reaction score
Jazz iii's with the carbon grip. I like having some Dunlop 0.60 around just because I know Gilbert likes them, they must be good for something ;)

gogolXmogol

Reaction score
Love my Clayton Sand Shark picks 1mm thick. They stay perfectly stiff in your hands

SH1006-xlarge.jpg

sear

Reaction score
It depends on what I'm playing. I really like Ultex picks for rhythm because of how thick and solid they are, gives great attack and clarity. However, that same thickness also tends to make things sound a little bit brittle and harsh, so for lead work I like using rounded gel-type picks, fairly thick but smaller and without that hard edge to them - gives you a lighter and more flowing sound, plus it's easier to play quickly with.

I've heard tons about Jazz IIIs lately so I might have to give them a try, but truth be told I have so many picks piling up that I have very little incentive to actually spend money on them anymore.

Not sure if anyone here has experience with Stoneworks picks, but can anyone answer if they wear down like regular picks, or if they cause your strings to wear out more quickly?

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Currently,

gator .71mm's for when I want a little bend

dunlop confetti M's for something with more bite.

Big diff tonally, far more attack and clarity with the M/dunlops but sometimes I just enjoy more give.

EDIT: Ok, so I posted virtually the same thing twice :( Yeah, I like M's better than H's :D There, I'm now current.

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
Jazz III Max-Grips. I used to use the regular Jazz IIIs but they would constantly slip around in my grip that I had to get the max-grip ones.

Tyler

Reaction score
I vary between Clayton 2.26mm, Clayton 1.75mm and Dunlop Tortex .88mm

JoeChugs

Reaction score
Dunlop Tortex .88 Jazz III (currently my favorite picks of all time), sometimes Panet Waves Black Ice .80

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
For the most part I use Dunlop Tortex .88 mm. The green ones.

Works for me. :metal:

')