What pick(s) do you use?

• Thread starter BoredomKills
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Maniacal

Reaction score
I bought the V pick pack too. What a load of shit.

They are clear and easy to lose
The picks are not grippy at all and I was constantly dropping them
Tone was flat and weak sounding
Only good thing is they have 3 sides but that isn't an issue for me as I have worn down a Jazz III even after years of playing with it

So much hype over terrible, overpriced nonsense.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
^ :agreed:

Can't stand v-picks. They also make this really really fucking annoying chirping noise.

I'm partial to red bear picks myself -

IMG_20120930_140457.jpg

just :wub: the lil' jazzer size

theleem

Reaction score

Can't stand v-picks. They also make this really really fucking annoying chirping noise.

IMG_20120930_140457.jpg

How are these man? I've always been curious to see if they're worth it, but that seems like a lot of cash for a pick...

edsped

Reaction score

IMG_20120930_140457.jpg

It's interesting because I have a heavy Red Bear Big Jazzer that chirps like a bitch, although I do have a medium that chirps less. Personally I think Blue Chip beats Red Bear for sure, especially given Red Bear's ridiculous wait time and how incredibly fragile and temperamental they are. V-Picks are really chirpy generally, but I really like the Euro. And while they're still acrylic, I've found I like Gravity Picks way more than V-Picks.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I don't know how to describe them other than to say they're a lot like tortoise shell picks I've played in the past...

Rich5150

Reaction score
I never got along with v-picks either. Ended up giving what I had to a couple if freinds and they love em.

I dig red bears have 2 of them would like to get a couple if more but the wait times are insane to me, price I don't care about

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I got some custom Jazz III-style ones made by InTune, and they're awesome. The black ones are .72, i think, and the blue ones are 1 mm.

picks.jpg

376383_10151086445451605_1855532580_n.jpg

:D

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
No, i made that one out of 1 mm carbon fibre plate. :)

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I started with a sheet of 1 mm Dragonplate. I had a whole bunch of parts cut from an 18" x 24" sheet, and i filled up extra space with picks. :D

Reaction score
I started with a sheet of 1 mm Dragonplate. I had a whole bunch of parts cut from an 18" x 24" sheet, and i filled up extra space with picks. :D

Was it easy and did you have to do anything to the edges to make them not tear apart your hand or strings?

This is really interesting to me and I looked on ebay and its about $3.00 for a sheet of 1mm.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
They're pretty easy to shape using sandpaper and files. I've been experimenting with using CA glue to stabilize the edges and make them a little more abrasion-resistant after shaping.

frogunrua

Lord of the Afros
Reaction score
Idk if I like the sound of a carbon fiber pic. From my experience working with the shit it always splinters in my fingers...
I use purple tortex pics btw but have been thinking of trying these jazz III's.

klutvott

Reaction score
After using all kinds of pointy picks for 10 years, i have now started using a gibson pure xh. I don't know what it's made of but it sounds great.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm using Dunlop Ultex Sharp 1.14. But I'm thinking about switching... again. :lol:

Wanna try out the Dunlop Jazz 3 XLs. I liked the normal J3's, but they were too damn small for my big hands. :lol:

javiereu

Reaction score
Dunlop Tortex Pitchblack Jazz 1.14

dunlop-tortex-pitch-black-jazz-114mm_m.jpg

I buy them by mistake, and after a week cursing at them... now I can't play without them.

Eclipse

Reaction score
I go back and forth. I started with Jazz III's. Now I use them and Black Ice Heavy's.

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
I'm using Dunlop Ultex Sharp 1.14. But I'm thinking about switching... again. :lol:

Wanna try out the Dunlop Jazz 3 XLs. I liked the normal J3's, but they were too damn small for my big hands. :lol:

Keep in my the Jazz III XLs don't have that smooth feeling as the regular Jazz 3's, at least the red ones. Don't know about the stiffos.

As far as picks that I use right now I use the Jazz 3 Ultex. I'm thinking about going back to the Carbon Fiber ones.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm willing to take the risk. :p

The Ultex Sharps are close to what I'm looking for, but they're a bit too thin. I'm either gonna go for the J3XL or the thicker Ultex Sharp.

')