What picks do you use?

• Thread starter GreatWhiteDope
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

philosoful

Reaction score
Hello dude - yep, still enjoying that one! :)

As I said, very good attack, nice tone - makes it ideal for slower playing in my book although I have a slight confession....I'm currently playing with a Dunlop Jazztone 208 for faster playing because erm....my fat old fingers seem to like slightly larger plectrums these days :lol:

:lol:S'all relative to what one needs! I'm still toying with different sizes and shapes, forever experiment!

jl_killer

Reaction score
Used to use the Jazz III's exclusively, but got so sick of dropping them on stage, getting them lodged in punters eyes when I once again lose control and send them flying across the room.

Loved the sound from Tortex picks, but could never find a shape/thickness I liked, till I found the Tortex Pitch Black Jazz. Tortex sound and grip, Jazz III size and feel. I live in constant paranoia that they might discontinue them, so I'm constantly buying bulk packs from the states..

Cool, I might have to look for these, are they any more/less slippery than the Jazz III?

philosoful

Reaction score
Using something like these now, mwahahaaa:
40404_139754249398425_100000915537828_192322_666060_n.jpg

Really quite pleased how these turned out, find me a better looking and sounding pick than that?..

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
I always seem to use the Dunlop Tortex .73mm yellow ones, although usually I don't mind what picks I use as long as they aren't too thin and floppy.

eclipsex1

Reaction score
I discovered today that I the Nylon Jazz III Stiffo's.. I thought I was just using Jazz III's haha. Didn't know there was a difference. :lol:

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Wegen TF140 pick made by Michel Wegen. Expensive @ $7.50 but they're good, fast, and clear. The Trimus 250 is a great sweep-picking pick. Oh if I only knew how to sweep-pick though. :shred:

Stateless

Reaction score
I've switched picks so many times searching for the perfect pick. :lol:
Right now I'm using Ultex Jazz III's.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I've changed alot recently. I've gone from my old favourite

dunlop-jazz-iii-picks.jpg

And the Eric Johnson Jazz's

to

dun-475p2_md.jpg

2mm big stubbies and I've now gone to

dunlop-tortex-sharp-0.88mm_l.jpg

Because of the tip which is sharper than a Jazz III but has more material to grip. Much crunchier sounding when playing riffs and any lead playing sounds snappier.

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
Just got some carbon fibre max grip Jazz IIIs today, Ive been using normal Jazz IIIs for years and love them, but the grip could be a bit better. Ultex Jazz IIIs are pretty awesome but these max grips are easily the grippiest picks Ive ever used! Now I have to decide between the tone of the Ultex and the grip of the carbon fibre max grips...

exodus125

Reaction score
these are some of the titanium picks I make.
2169fc76.jpg

I sandblast part of the top to help give a better grip. All of these pieces have been heat anodized.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
I use 2 stone picks, one modelled after a dunlop sharp (Aussie Jade), and another which was to be the same but the tip broke in the process (banded agate), so it is more like a traditional pick with a sharp point (not rounded). I greatly prefer the second of the 2.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
these are some of the titanium picks I make.
2169fc76.jpg

I sandblast part of the top to help give a better grip. All of these pieces have been heat anodized.

Dude, you should start selling those,they look awesome, and the sandblasting sounds like a sound idea.

Latest posts

')