What picks do you use?

• Thread starter GreatWhiteDope
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hiflyer

Reaction score
Im currantly addicted to these, yellow - .73 mediums.
star-pics-logo.jpg

Self Bias

Banned
Reaction score
Fender Heavy. Tried everything and these work best for me. Sometimes use Ultex Sharp 1.14.

exodus125

Reaction score
Agreed^

And you should make some Jazz III sized ones for me :D I'll buy a few.

I can make any shape or style. I ususally have people mail me their favorite pick and use it as a template.

I also make these monster picks, check them out compared to the regular little guys:

7c0cf31c.jpg

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Cool Phat Cats 1.50 mm

PKPC.jpg

I like the sound I get with these, too, Cool Ultra Jazz 1.20 mm, but the feel isn't as nice for me:

PKSRJ-H.jpg

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
I can make any shape or style. I ususally have people mail me their favorite pick and use it as a template.

7c0cf31c.jpg

I see on your website that the picks are $30, does that include the sandblasting and anodizing? Is the price for one pick or more?

EDIT: Are the monster picks or custom picks an higher cost?

exodus125

Reaction score
I see on your website that the picks are $30, does that include the sandblasting and anodizing? Is the price for one pick or more?

EDIT: Are the monster picks or custom picks an higher cost?

I dont want to derail the thread, so anyone interested PM me or contact me through the site. Price is $30 for any finish any shape, although most of the picks I make look like the ones in the pictures, sandblasted partially and anodized. The anodizing wears off from playing but it still looks pretty cool and the wearing gives the picks character. For custom picks I ask that you mail in a sample for me to use as a template. I will duplicate the shape. I have limited material as far as thickness of the sheet, but will try to do my best to match. If anyone can recommend a material thickness for picks that can be a universal size that would fit most picks well, let me know. :shred:

amartyrc0mplex

SigSauer underling
Reaction score
Snarling Dog Brain picks. Though I use the 1.14mm. Used to roll 2.0mm Dunlops about 8 months+ back.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
I love Ultex Jazz IIIs, and stubbies.
I also tried a chip of cocobolo the other day, and sounded HUGE on an acoustic, wasnt even sanded.

Maniacal

Reaction score
Jazz III XLs, I got some V-Picks recently... total rip off. Absolute shit. Back to Jazz IIIs

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Jazz III XLs, I got some V-Picks recently... total rip off. Absolute shit. Back to Jazz IIIs

I got sent about 35 to review - I haven't reviewed them yet partially due to the lack of a camera, partially due to my mental state, and partially due to the fact that whilst there are some good 'uns in there.....some of them bewlider me as to their potential market.

When I pick up the guitar I'm still using my Red Bear Big Jazzer and Jim Dunlop Jazztone 208's.

Maniacal

Reaction score
They can be used, but "better tone" "greater speed"... bollocks.

I found I was actually slower with these picks and the tone was thinner.

They dont slip out of your hands apparently, even though they do.

I actually paid for mine, I think they were £18 for the starter pack. I bought them with the intention of doing a review, but I was so disappointed that I am not going to bother doing one.

Jazz III XLs all the way, although they are still far from perfect.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
EBE glow-in-the-dark Mediums.

0014-1.gif

I don't really care that they glow in the dark, but whatever material the glowie ones are made out of lasts alot longer than the regular ones. I'm guilty of riding the E (or B) an awful lot, so a pick that wears slowly is just what I need. I haven't voluntarily used any other pick for about a decade now.

EDIT: Their mediums are .71mm.

Reaction score
I used to have the Jazz 3, but found that especially when playing live I would lose grip.
So I switched to thsee about 10 years ago:

EwZbf.jpg

Same shape, but tortex. After the first batch I coulnd't get them anywhere and had to order them in the US through my local music store. Took them a year to arrive :).

So now that there is internet I just buy them bulk whenever I get the opportunity.
As you can see in the pic, Sam Ash doesnt have them anymore (still have about 200 or so left, so I'm not worried yet )

')