What picks do you use?

• Thread starter GreatWhiteDope
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ulvhedin

Phrygianist
Reaction score
Tortex sharp 1,35 mm
dunlop-tortex-sharp-1.35mm-m.jpg

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
I used to use the Jazz III's until I found that playing live I couldn't hold onto the damn things! Then for years I swore by the purple Toties (green in a pinch) til I got some of these:
2011-09-12_07-19-02_487.jpg

Order them custom, like yer guitars!

Reaction score
Dunlop Standard Tortex 1.00mm.

I do tend to wear them out quickly - recently became interested in trying out the thicker jazz picks.

AdAstra2025

ss.org Regulator
Reaction score
Dunlop Tortex Pitch Black Jazz 1.18mm or Dunlop Ultex Jazz III...Playing with a standard size pick feels like I'm playing with a freaking paddle now. Sharp Jazz picks are the way to go:metal:

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying Dava Master Control Nickel Silver pick, I love it so far. It's very comfortable and is like the best of nylon and metal picks in one.
Does it djent? Sure :D

HermeticHeretic

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post here! I'm a big fan of Dunlop Jazz III's. Ever since I started using them, all other picks feel like huge frisbees. They were the first picks I was ever really amazed by.

Murmel

Reaction score
I have been switching back to regular sized picks the last few weeks (from Jazz III's).

I found that it was a pain in the ass to strum chords while standing up with Jazz's. And honestly, it took me little more than a week to get back on track with the regular sized ones, and I play some things even better with them. Not to mention my problem with strumming is way gone.
Fast tremolo picking is not quite as fluid, but I was always pretty shitty at that anyway :lol:

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
I switch from every type of pick under the sun. My default is either a Jazz III (Nylon with textured grip) or the Black Tortex in Jazz III size.

For acoustics my go-to pick is a Fender Heavy celluloid.

I also use Tortex Sharps in 1.4mm on occasion for heavy riffing.

I also pick with my fingers and use shark pics (elastic thumbpick). For hybrid picking I typically use a Jazz III.

edsped

Reaction score
Jazz III XLs are a little sharper, but they're also bigger and feel completely different.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
anyone on here ever used the red bear picks?

Yup, I ordered one some time ago, and while it is a great pick, it was too thick for me, but that was my own fault, since I ordered x-tra heavy.
Now I have one heavy gauge in order.

I always like to try new picks, but I will most likely stick to the Dunlop Tortex JazzIIIs. :yesway:

Mysticlamp

Ripplesprint
Reaction score
Yup, I ordered one some time ago, and while it is a great pick, it was too thick for me, but that was my own fault, since I ordered x-tra heavy.
Now I have one heavy gauge in order.

I always like to try new picks, but I will most likely stick to the Dunlop Tortex JazzIIIs. :yesway:

yeah i played my guitarists and his was an extra heavy felt like i was playing a damn quarter or something,:nuts:

')