What picks do you use?

• Thread starter GreatWhiteDope
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Ole faithful.....
FenderClassic.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WesleyG

Reaction score
Snarling Dog: Brain
352159_1_977705392e3b2d3035d63264f37e49b5.jpg

Been using these for 6 and a half years and never looked at anything else, absolutely amazing.

MikeyLHolm

Lightning Mike
Reaction score
Recently changed from ibanez Gilbert picks to

UltexSharp1.0-11.png

Thicker tho than 1.0. Just noticed there is even 2.0mm, currently using 1.4 which was thickest from local store - gotta get some 2s then. Main reason behind change was Gilbert picks being so thin, plus changed abit my hands position so larger pick worked better.

i Really dig the material. Sometimes it can be bit slippery when bit worn so i've carved some scratches with a knife.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Dunlop Tortex 1.14's. Thinking about switching to the Black fangs or Ultex Sharp 1.14's when I lose all of mine. :D

The Q

The Engineer
Reaction score
Bought some carbon fiber picks from RJL guitars (real carbon fiber, not that fake thing Dunlop sells).

I'm ruined! I need to pretty much trhow away every other pick I have because I know I'll never get back to them anymore.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I seem to have gotten used to Planet Waves' Extra Heavy (1.50 mm) Black Ice picks. I still need to try those Petrucci picks and have been meaning to try out the Dunlop Ultex Jazz III 2.0, but I never get around to ordering them. I guess I'm happy enough the Black Ices for now.

I've been very close to ordering some Winspear picks and/or Huf*chmid picks, but ultimately I haven't been able to justify the expense (particularly on the latter) given how little I play these days.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I seem to have gotten used to Planet Waves' Extra Heavy (1.50 mm) Black Ice picks. I still need to try those Petrucci picks and have been meaning to try out the Dunlop Ultex Jazz III 2.0, but I never get around to ordering them. I guess I'm happy enough the Black Ices for now.

I've been very close to ordering some Winspear picks and/or Huf*chmid picks, but ultimately I haven't been able to justify the expense (particularly on the latter) given how little I play these days.

The Black Ice and Tortex Pitch Black Jazz III's are pretty good.

Omura

Reaction score
I use:
Ultex jazz iii's
tortex pitch black jazz iii's
Black Ice 1.5mm jazz picks
I shred in-tune gp 1.14mm picks to dust very quickly, but I'll admit they feel good.
And I use a ......... jazz XL drop from time to time, lovely pick, but I find string skipping can be a little tricky, and it's got so much attack that it can be a little overwhelming sometimes.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I've been using the 1.14mm Tortex Sharp picks for a good while, but I've been thinking of going to a thinner version like the .88 or 1mm

Gotta love the super sharp tips :yesway: better than Jazz style picks IMO

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Go back and forth between Gravity picks for heavy rhythms and Cactus picks for leads, although lately I've been doing more intricate stuff and have been using the Cacti picks a lot more. I don't like how fast they wear but they're cheap at $12 for 100 so NBD.

Shimme

Wants a Seven String
Reaction score
I'd been rocking tortex jazz 3 xls for a while, but tried the Petrucci Sig picks on a whim and they're actually freaking fantastic. They're now my go-to choice

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Definitely Tortex Jazz's Heavy (the purple ones). Ordered me the 1.0 mm's to try those out as well. I love the Tortex material and the Jazz size, it's a no-brainer.

')