What picks do you use?

• Thread starter GreatWhiteDope
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rashputin

Reaction score
AAAAAplV_9UAAAAAAI0ulA.jpg
:shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalGravy

Making a meat suit
Reaction score
Just tried out the Dunlop Jazz Stubbies (1mm on guitar, 2mm for bass) and so far I really like them. Nice and pointy for speed, and deeper texture so that I can actually hold them. 1mm's a little thin for chords, but hopefully I'll be able to work around that. The Dava nylons are nice, too.

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
1153350200_BIG_STUBBY_475_GRP_463X342.jpg

i've recently begun using the dunlop big stubby (the blue one in specific) and i'm liking it a lot.
mellower attack with a strong sustain. nice, thick tones.

Rich5150

Reaction score
Black Jazz III's, Planet Waves Black Ice 1.50mm's, Ultex Sharp 2.0 1.40 and 1.14mm, Tortex Sharps and 2.0mm Gators

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I'm really starting to like the Ultex Jazz III a lot!:agreed:
I went back and fortyh between Ibanez Paul Gilbert picks, regular black Jazz III's and Tortex Jazz III's. Now I'm givin the Ultex Jazz III's a try and so far I like them a lot!

Reaction score
Yeah, I just grabbed the Ultex Jazz III's as well, and I absolutely love them! I've got some Big Stubby's and Dava Total Control Jazz's comin, so we'll see.

I'm really starting to like the Ultex Jazz III a lot!:agreed:
I went back and fortyh between Ibanez Paul Gilbert picks, regular black Jazz III's and Tortex Jazz III's. Now I'm givin the Ultex Jazz III's a try and so far I like them a lot!

Are the Gilbert picks Jazz shaped?

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Yeah, I just grabbed the Ultex Jazz III's as well, and I absolutely love them! I've got some Big Stubby's and Dava Total Control Jazz's comin, so we'll see.

Are the Gilbert picks Jazz shaped?

Well, sort of, yes, but they are a bit bigger. What I like about them is they are slightly bigger than a Jazz III but smaller than a regular size pick.
B1000PGBK.jpg

Reaction score
Well, sort of, yes, but they are a bit bigger. What I like about them is they are slightly bigger than a Jazz III but smaller than a regular size pick.
B1000PGBK.jpg

Yeah, that's about what I figured. Those pictures are a bit ambiguous, so I wasn't certain. How do they compare to the Ultex Jazz picks? Those seem to be just a cunt hair bigger than the Jazz IIIs.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Yeah, that's about what I figured. Those pictures are a bit ambiguous, so I wasn't certain. How do they compare to the Ultex Jazz picks? Those seem to be just a cunt hair bigger than the Jazz IIIs.

I have been using the PG picks for a long time, just recently I switched to the Jazz III, what I like more about the Jazz III's is that they are thicker than the PG picks!

K-Roll

Reaction score
I can't resist and have to mention one thing :D:D:D once me and a couple of friends, we went to Budapest to see Pain of Salvation. As our friend knew the local gig manager, we succeeded and got to the backstage. That was the gig last year with To-Mera I think. We chatted with POS for quite a while and decided to ask Daniel (lead singer) for some picks (like usually we thought they have some branded fancy picks).. in about 20 minutes he said ok and sent his tourmanager to go get him some picks for us. He reached out the hand.. we grabbed it and when I opened the palm of my hand I saw a usual balck Jazz III :D:D:D major pwnage :D now I can have my Daniel Gildenlow pick anytime, i just need to visit my local guit store and there it is waiting for me :shred:

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
green Dava picks

DAVA PICK ONLINE

for some reason i CANNOT play right without them. i can't hit my pinched harmonics either. i can deal with those generic "slick" feeling picks they hand you at guitar center, but nothing else i have tried feels right.

i will try a jazz III tho.

')