What picks do you use?

• Thread starter GreatWhiteDope
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jon66

Contributor
Reaction score
Dunlop Ultex Jazz. Their sharp tip helps me with quicker picking, and I find they give a nice crispier tone that regular nylon picks. Grip feels nice too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

decypher

Reaction score
Cactus Picks Heavy 1 mm, The perfect pick for me, originally some ebay store from Montreal threw in 10 free ones after I ordered 50 dunlop 1mm picks, loved the feel right away, I just have the slight feeling that the manufacturer isnt doing too well , so I more or less buy any auction of those on Ebay, now I have a stock of 150 or so (plus the 60 that I just bought after this thread reminded me to check ebay again :lol: )

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Used to exclusively use Jazz IIIs (but tried different materials and styles of it). However, i have moved onto these bad boys:
PK412-88.jpg

Tortex sharps are perfect for everything

Reaction score
Currently using Dunlop Tortex Pitch Black Jazz 1.14mmpicks almost exclusively for the past couple of months. I recently switch over from Ultex Sharps 1.14mm.

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
I use the standard ol' dunlop tortex. Blue, green and purple just depends which one i pick up. Got all 3 laying around. Granted I suck so no pick will make a huge difference with me.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
I at the moment prefer what you use, Dunlop Tortex .88mm Sharps, cuz i just didn't feel entirely comfortable using Jazz III's, I always felt like I was going to drop them. Before I used Jazz III's, I used Snarling Dogs Brain Picks that were 1.14mm, but the non-sharp tip felt like it was slowing me down,and pinch harmonics were a bit more difficult. However, I prefer the sound of a nylon pick to any other material, so that's a bit of a problem, here. I gotta find standard sized, sharp nylon picks

GhostsofAcid

Suiçmez fanboy
Reaction score
i seem to use pretty thin picks compared to everyone else. my picks of choice are dunlop nylon .46's.

')