What picks do you use?

• Thread starter GreatWhiteDope
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BMU

Reaction score
3mm stubby.

Use for bass as well even though they're really small. Works well. Used to play fingerstyle bass but have had to admit I'm not good enough at it anymore since I never practice bass. Sad.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Maniacal

Reaction score
Currently using a V Pick Screamer.

It is not ideal for everything but for sweeping, alternate picking etc its great.

Sounds pretty flat when I play riffs with it though, so I use a jazz iii xl for that.

edsped

Reaction score
anyone on here ever used the red bear picks?
I've got a few Red Bears.

1 Medium Big Jazzer
1 Heavy Big Jazzer Plus (around 1.4mm)
1 Heavy Big Jazzer (around 1.6mm)
1 Medium Tuff Tone Lil Jazzer

Big Jazzer Plus has way too much of an exaggerated point for me, plays like a Tortex Sharp. The regular Big Jazzer shape is nice and comfortable. I prefer the Medium to the Heavy, it just feels better to me and has less chirp. The material is nice and slick if you like that kind of thing, the release is smooth but not overly bright like V-Picks can be. They do wear down pretty slowly as well and are easy to reshape.

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
best pick ever.
x_c124b8a3.jpg

for sure man, these are my go-to picks. They're really good feeling, smooth, easy to hold on to, and they don't have an annoying chirp sound when you strike the string. The 1.10mm are the best for me though.

bandinaboy

SS.org Unsui
Reaction score
Gravity picks! I have grown so accustom to them. The classic mini is the acrylic, handmade, closest pick to the Jazz III. Love em'.

edsped

Reaction score
for sure man, these are my go-to picks. They're really good feeling, smooth, easy to hold on to, and they don't have an annoying chirp sound when you strike the string. The 1.10mm are the best for me though.
Yeah I started using my 1.10's again after seeing that big pic in this thread. So comfortable and the material is great, really smooth but not too slick.

Rampage

Reaction score
Red Dunlop Jazz IIIs. I'm an awful guitarist and they make me feel like I have a bit more control which goes a long way for my confidence.

feilong29

Reaction score
Red Dunlop Jazz IIIs. I'm an awful guitarist and they make me feel like I have a bit more control which goes a long way for my confidence.

I used to use the shit out of those but after a while, my sweaty hands made them slip... so then they came out with the Jazz III Tortex... same shape and size as a Jazz III with the turtle shell grip! I use the green ones mainly.

Qweklain

Reaction score
I use V-Picks Bb. I always loved the smooth attack of rounded edge picks, but also love the articulation and volume of sharp picks. Unfortunately I just can not pick as clean and fluidly with sharp picks, and the Bb lets me keep all the rounded features with just a little but more volume than their rounded picks or the Snake, which is what I used to use.

AcousticMinja

String Theorist
Contributor
Reaction score
Dunlop Tortex 73mm and Gravity picks Classic XL 75mm.
I don't like ultra heavy! haha

KAMI

Mom's Spaghetti
Reaction score
what type of picks do you use? (not sure what section this goes in:scratch:)

Brand
pick model name
style of music you play
what you think this pick is good for

I'm going to start off:

Brand - Dunlop
Model name - Jazz iii max grip carbon fibre
style - Prog/tech metal
what it is good at - staying in place, achieving that djent sound

also, free for all discussion!

Rashputin

Reaction score
DV019_Jpg_Regular_111004_single.jpg

-Dunlop Ultex Jazz III

-Prog.

This pick is better than the regular Jazz III because it feels slightly less "oily" and sits better between the fingers. It has a slightly sharper attack and I feel like I have a tiny bit more control with it. It is a tiny tiny bit bigger and wears a lot slower. Best pick ever.:bowdown:

')