What pickups for an ASH-bodied 7-string?

• Thread starter mikoxxx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mikoxxx

Reaction score
I am considering getting myself a custom made sevenstring with ash body,maple neck w/rosewood fingerboard,tune-o-matic bridge w/strings-thru-body mounting. I'd like to ask you guys of any suggestions on which pickups should I try with that kind of guitar. Oh, and the sound I want to achieve is rather rock than metal,and rather rythm or chording sound than solo shredding. I thought of Seymour Duncan SH-4(b)/SH-1(n) set, as this is what the almighty :bowdown: TONE WIZARD suggested :)

I'd appreciate any feedback
(and yes, I have already chcecked the big 'pickups' thread at the top of the pickups&electronics forum)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Neck-
1. Dimarzio PAF7
2. SD Jazz 7-string

Bridge-
1. Dimarzio Tone Zone 7
2. SD Custom 7-string

These are probably better suited for rock and/or rhythm, although you could certainly do metal on them. NOT my first choice, even though they're all nice pickups... but I like pickups more suited for metal, so go figure.

There's a quite a few pickups that would probably work well for what you want. My personal favorites are, for the neck- the Air Norton 7, and for the bridge- the Blaze Custom. But again, I play metal and I play lead, so...

')