What Pups for my 7321?

• Thread starter Metalhead666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
im looking to replace the pickups in my RG7321 but i dont want EMG's cos they cost too much to route and i dont want to route the body, any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
It depends on the sound you're after and what kind of stuff you play...

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
b3n said:
It depends on the sound you're after and what kind of stuff you play...

Exactly. I play very heavy melodic metal with screaming distortion, so I use an Evo7 bridge and Blaze Custom neck. Works great for me, but not a good reccomendation if you want a jazz guitar (unlikely from you username, but you never know).

Give us an idea of what style you play and what kind of sound you want, or a player whose tone you like and we'll see what we can do.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Popular passives for metal in the neck position are the Air Norton closely followed by Duncan Jazz. Way more choices for a bridge p'up, with the Blaze Custom, Blaze Bridge or Tone Zone seem to be the most used for Basswood bodied guitars.
Check the pickups & electronics forum. Lots of info there.

Reaction score
Eric Earl?:fever: i only want a bridge pickup, cos i dont use the neck one very often... by the way i own a sevenstring, what sort of music do yo think that i play?:hbang: :hbang: :hbang:

marton

Reaction score
Metalhead666 said:
Eric Earl?:fever: i only want a bridge pickup, cos i dont use the neck one very often... by the way i own a sevenstring, what sort of music do yo think that i play?:hbang: :hbang: :hbang:

Classical Russian music? American Jazz? Korn? :lol:

I think your username is way more of a clue than your guitar. :wavey:

Blazes are good pickups. Just about any Dimarzios would be pretty metal and fairly easy to get ahold of. :metal:

I've heard great things about Lundgren's and Bare Knuckles as well. Check out some of the pickup threads, man. :yesway:

There's a lot of talk about pickups on here. :shred:

Bromden

Struggling.
Reaction score
I really want to put some X2n-7s in my 7321. What's the official word about those?

(I'm into playing metal/metalcore if that means anything)

Jesse

iJesse
Contributor
Reaction score
I got some blazes on the way for my 7321. I was gonna put evo 7s in there, but I like the Blazes better

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Bromden said:
I really want to put some X2n-7s in my 7321. What's the official word about those?

(I'm into playing metal/metalcore if that means anything)
official word is preorder now, get them soon...

get the x2n-7, you will never look back :agreed:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Friendly bit 'o advice - it's "for," not 4. One's a number, one's a preposition, and they're not interchangeable. ;) Title's been edited accordingly.

I'm another blaze fan - through a nice midrangey amp (mesa nomad here) the Blaze bridge sounds the way a seven string bridge pickup should, if that makes any sense. Great pickup, and the midrange "scoop" everyone talks about is a lot more subtle than many people would lead you to believe.

Dormant

Wanker
Reaction score
I think there should be a new section on the forum for commonly asked questions called 'Not this fucking thread again' :fawk: ;)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dormant said:
I think there should be a new section on the forum for commonly asked questions called 'Not this fucking thread again' :fawk: ;)

:lol:

It's got a nice ring to it... Chris, wanna do your stuff? ;)

Jesse

iJesse
Contributor
Reaction score
theres a circuit you can install on your guitar to boost em. Im going to do it to one of my guitars.

Latest posts

')