What seven stringer for me?

• Thread starter Rayaus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayaus

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here and have been thinking about getting a 7 stringer for a while now.

The guitar I am using right now is a C-1 Hellraiser and I'd like the neck to be similar. I'd also like the guitar to have 24 frets and a floating trem. For the pickups I don't mind too much since I'll probably end up putting Bareknuckles in it.

I was thinking about an Agile Interceptor at first, but I saw there can be problems with the trem cavity, then saw the Ibanez 7620 and 1527, but I'm not too sure about Ibanez necks.(I find them a bit too thin) Now I'm looking at the Schecter C-7 FR.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. It can be a guitar I listed or any other guitar you think could suit me.

My price limit would be about 600USD for the moment, but if I save up it can be more.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lethe

Reaction score
From what I've read, Agile seems to have resolved the problems with the trem cavity. I'd like to try one, but since I'm in germany, it would basically have no warranty, and that's a little risky IMO.

If you like the neck on your C-1, I'd say the Blackjack might probably be your best bet. I'm always tempted to get one, but I didn't like the profile of my Omen's neck when it came and the clearcoat really pissed me off, so I sanded it down to an asymmetrical D-profile. I would never do that to a Blackjack though, so I would never be happy with the way it felt.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
If you can save another 100$, you could get a S7320, those are AWESOME. one of the best floating bridge ever, if you can live with 22 frets. Otherwise, i'd suggest picking up a RG7620, or if you can live w/o a floyd, the Schecter C7Blackjack.

Rayaus

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Although I would really like the guitar to have a floyd, so C-7 Hellraiser isn't really an option fo me. I think it's pretty much between the Interceptor and C-7 FR right now. If you have any other suggestions that would be similar, please let me know.:yesway:

String Seraphim

The Walkin' Dude
Reaction score
If you are willing to save and wait a little more I'd say the Schecter Loomis Sig model would be a good choice.

Set Neck w/Ultra Access
26.5" Scale
Ash body
Maple Board
Black 'Nevermore cross'inlays
EMG 707s
Original Floyd Rose trem

meshu77ah

Reaction score
Is there not a Schecter Hellraiser C7 with a Floyd Rose out now?
I,m pretty sure there is. Have a look on schecterguitars.com.
Or you could go with the Loomis signature.

Just had a look on their site and couldn't see a Hellraiser C7FR.
I would imagine the C7FR would probably be the same as the Hellraiser body but with different pickups and if your gonna change them anyway, I'd go with the C7FR.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there not a Schecter Hellraiser C7 with a Floyd Rose out now?
I,m pretty sure there is. Have a look on schecterguitars.com.
Or you could go with the Loomis signature.

Just had a look on their site and couldn't see a Hellraiser C7FR.
I would imagine the C7FR would probably be the same as the Hellraiser body but with different pickups and if your gonna change them anyway, I'd go with the C7FR.

Take a look at the date of the last post before you post :wavey:

PetrucciVai

Reaction score
Yea i'm pretty positive there is a c7 hellraiser that comes with a trem. Idk you might like the agiles, i've read a ton of things about them, and thought I dont own one, A LOT of people on here do. The necks are supposedly between ibanez and schecter in thickness, which sounds perfect IMO. If you are looking more towards the schecter side, Id definitely recommend the c7 FR. I have a C-1 FR and a C7 FR both in white and its really like the exact same guitar its amazing. Ive played the C7 hellraisers too, schecter makes really nice 7 string guitars. Just take a look on the schecter site and see what you find

jerm

Reaction score
Yea i'm pretty positive there is a c7 hellraiser that comes with a trem. Idk you might like the agiles, i've read a ton of things about them, and thought I dont own one, A LOT of people on here do. The necks are supposedly between ibanez and schecter in thickness, which sounds perfect IMO. If you are looking more towards the schecter side, Id definitely recommend the c7 FR. I have a C-1 FR and a C7 FR both in white and its really like the exact same guitar its amazing. Ive played the C7 hellraisers too, schecter makes really nice 7 string guitars. Just take a look on the schecter site and see what you find
Yes, i have one. Here are some pictures....

Schecter%202008%20DIAMOND%20SERIES%20HELLRAISER%20C-7FR%20%20Gloss%20Black%20%207-String%20Electric%20Guitar.jpg

Schecter%202008%20DIAMOND%20SERIES%20HELLRAISER%20C-7FR%20w%20Floyd%20%20%20Gloss%20White%207-String%20Electric.jpg

I would personally get another Hellraiser seeing as you already like yours. I too have a 6 string FR hellraiser and i now love my C-7 Hellraiser FR even more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
')