What sound monitors ? (500$ budget)

• Thread starter not2secure4u
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What should I get ?

I heard good things about M1 Alesis MKII and KRK RP5 ROKIT G2. Always recorded with a crappy box set (logitech x-530).

I can imagine the difference will be big ?

Any opinion wich one I should get ? I am open to suggestions. I live in europe so pricing may be a tad off compared to USA but w/e.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Quax

Reaction score
I'd go with a used pair of KRK Rokit RP6 G2! You should get a pair on ebay for about 300-350€.

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
I would highly suggest the yamaha hs50m's. I have the 80's and they're phenomenal for the money. They might sound a bit "ugly" to you, but as far as mixing goes, they're extremely accurate. I haven't found a speaker in that price range to come close in mixing capabilities.

Quax

Reaction score
I back to back'd the HS80ms and the KRK Rokit RP8 G2s, personally I liked the KRKs much more, they had a much nicer stereo-effect. You could really tell where which piece of a drumkit was, the bass and top-end was much nicer too, though the hs80ms are way better in the mid range, at least that's what I remember. I'd still go for KRK.

')