What speakers for Framus with 7 string?

• Thread starter the4thlast1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
T

the4thlast1

Ok heres whats up, I just bought a Framus Cobra head and I have a mesa traditional 4x12 (not oversized) with v30's in it. I'm not sure that this is the best setup speaker wise. I also have two mesa 1x12's both with c-90's in them which I'm thinking of selling to put the money towards buying a splawn x pattern cab with I believe governer/manowar speakers. I've heard alot people saying the splawn cab sounds great. Then I thought about taking the c-90's out of the 1x12 cabs I have and swaping them into the 4x12 I have to make an x pattern in the mesa cab I already have. Here is the thing that also is in the mix, I don't know how old those speakers are that are in the 1x12s I have. The 1x12's are open back and I dont really like how they sound. Maybe its cause the cabs are open back? The speakers seem to be in good working order though.
So which would sound better the splawn cab x pattern or the converted mesa x 4x12 with v30\c90? I play metal and use emg 707's

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
My friend's band are endorsed by Framus and they play the Cobra heads into the Cobra cabs using EMG's (707 for the 7 stringer, 81's for the 6 stringer). They play very high gain industrial/death metal and sound absolutely brutal. I'd definitely suggest checking out the Framus cabs, but as you've already got the speakers it can't hurt to try the X-pattern with your Mesa.

LilithXShred

Mah Kitteh doez Coke
Reaction score
I use the ENGL Vintage 30 with the cobra. sounds awesome ;) I shred a lot, and do a lot of weird chords. they all come out clean even with a lot of gain.

I just love this amp you bought a real monster ;) Welcome to the Framus Crew :)

Coiso

Reaction score
I own a Framus 4x12 with v30's, and it is an awsome scrotum shaker!

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've just been speaking with my mate and they're actually using the Cobra cabs loaded with V30's, not the stock greenbacks.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
i'd put the C90's into the V30 cab - you wont be out any money. then if that doesnt work, you start looking around.

')