What string brands are long enough to fit on ERGs?

gr8Har V

dimini....
Reaction score
a lot of brands like Ernie Ball and DR (my 2 fav.) dont even fit on a 27" scale (with a reverse headstock, so its only the lowest string that doesn't reach)

What brands are long enough for a 27" scale so i dont have to keep wasting money trying different brands?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
and i never had a problem with atleast a little bit of the string reaching the peg even on a 27"

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
Daddario seem to work on most as well as LaBella which are wound to 43".. Daddario isn't wound too much shorter than that.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
you dont have to get the wound part of the string in the peg to string it ;) alot of people unwind really big strings so they will fit through the peghead ;)

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
^I'm sure he knows this but a lot of companies strings are literally not long enough let alone wound enough to either A: get wound past the nut or B make it to the the tuning peg on say a reverse headstock.

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
What is your guitar? I have an Agile Septor 827 Elite and the Ernie Ball .074 was long enough to reach. AFAIK it's got the extended plain wire, so that's all that needs to go through.

I've also had luck with D'Addario, GHS, and LaBella. The GHS .074 and .080 seem to have a longer plain core wire too, which makes stringing a bit easier.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I buy the regular D'Addario 9 - 54 sets and buy an additional .74 and it fits fine on my 28.625" 8 string.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
The few I've tried : GHS, Skull Strings, D'addario, Elixir. They should all work fine (if they didn't change since then)

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Oh wow... I didn't realize you said you were rockin' a reverse headstock. Do strings wthin the same pack typically vary in length? I imagine if the high E would fit a normal headstock and all strings are the same length then all should still be well when you flip the headstock around... :scratch:

Latest posts

')