What studio headphones should I buy? Limit $500

• Thread starter markgov
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

markgov

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help you guys. The headphones I've decided on are Audio-Technica ATH-M50's. I've had good experiences in the past with ATs and these look like they would suit my needs : ). What do you guys think? Also, should I buy an amplifier for these as well? Why would I need one exactly, and which ones do you guys recommend?

Thanks again, Mark

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scottckr

Wololololo
Reaction score
Well, if you're just sitting in front of your computer and recording with a USB/firewire audio interface you can just use the headphone output, I don't really see a reason to get a headphone amplifier

asilayamazing

Reaction score
Well, if you're just sitting in front of your computer and recording with a USB/firewire audio interface you can just use the headphone output, I don't really see a reason to get a headphone amplifier
a headphone amplifier is REQUIRED/USEFUL for a lot of HIGH quality monitors....:spock:

seriously headfi.org

')