What the hell?

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Iron Maiden is being replaced on the second half of Ozzfest by... Velvet Revolver?

What the hell kind of logic is that?

Firebeard

Viking Lord
Reaction score
wtf kind of logic was it to let Wicked Wisdom on Ozzfest period? Money Logic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow...good thing the Sounds of the Underground tour's doing well, hopefully it'll keep happening so there's an alternative to Ozzfest as far as summer metal festival tours go.

Digital Black

Reaction score
eleven59 said:
Wow...good thing the Sounds of the Underground tour's doing well, hopefully it'll keep happening so there's an alternative to Ozzfest as far as summer metal festival tours go.
Pfft. giagantour baby! :)

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
Ozzfest would be decent if Ozzy played some of his own stuff instead of only playin with Black Sabbath, imo.

KillMAH

Mr. Fumblefingers
Reaction score
Tele...but there are more songs than War Pigs, Paranoid, and Iron Man in the Sabbath repertoire. Have you heard their three last albums...Sabotage, Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die? Granted Rhoades and Wylde are more technically skilled, but the songwriting in Sabbath's later days was just amazing. You should check these out if you haven't already.

Seph...If Gigantour had Unearth and Lamb of God on it, I would agree. I am just not digging Megadeth anymore, and never liked DT. Ozzfest at least has fresher blood. Gigantour just reminds me of the hair-metal tour with Ratt and Poison, etc. a few years back...more nostalgia than music I listen to anymore. Of course, I am biased because three of my favorites, KsE, IF and Soilwork are on Ozzfest, so just take it as my own opinon. Some good bands have gotten exposure from Ozzfest.

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
KillMAH said:
Tele...but there are more songs than War Pigs, Paranoid, and Iron Man in the Sabbath repertoire. Have you heard their three last albums...Sabotage, Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die? Granted Rhoades and Wylde are more technically skilled, but the songwriting in Sabbath's later days was just amazing. You should check these out if you haven't already.

Can't say I have, to be honest.

I'll check em out, can't garuntee that I can sneak any Black Sabbath by my dad, though. I don't have any downloading programs.

KillMAH

Mr. Fumblefingers
Reaction score
telecaster90 said:
Can't say I have, to be honest.

I'll check em out, can't garuntee that I can sneak any Black Sabbath by my dad, though. I don't have any downloading programs.

I don't think the band's name is even on the covers of NSD and TE. They were done by hypgnosis I think...the same as Pink Floyd's. You might be able to sneak it past.

By the way, has anyone seen Ozzfest this year?

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
They did do albums after Technical Ecstasy and NSD. Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules, & Dehumanizer are best. it sucks that dio is such a better singer than ozzy and ozzy doesnt do any of the Dio songs ;p
That said, nothing on sounds of the Underground is even really underground. Lol. Gigantour has such the better lineup.

KillMAH

Mr. Fumblefingers
Reaction score
Damn, I forgot you were a Dehumanizer fan. My apologies. Tele was just talking about Ozzy versus Ozzy with Sabbath, so the whole reincarnation thing slipped my mind. NSD was the last album with Ozzy. Heaven and Hell is a great album, and Dio rocks. I can't remember the name of the other two guys that were lead singers at the moment. I just always considered them a completely different group without Ozzy.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
They did do albums after Technical Ecstasy and NSD. Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules, & Dehumanizer are best. it sucks that dio is such a better singer than ozzy and ozzy doesnt do any of the Dio songs ;p
That said, nothing on sounds of the Underground is even really underground. Lol. Gigantour has such the better lineup.

No Eternal Idol and Seventh Star are best (And I am a huge weeine Dio fan)

Tyr isnt bad either

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
KillMAH said:
Damn, I forgot you were a Dehumanizer fan. My apologies. Tele was just talking about Ozzy versus Ozzy with Sabbath, so the whole reincarnation thing slipped my mind. NSD was the last album with Ozzy. Heaven and Hell is a great album, and Dio rocks. I can't remember the name of the other two guys that were lead singers at the moment. I just always considered them a completely different group without Ozzy.
there were a few of them, Ian Gillan (Deep Purple), Glenn Hughes, Tony Martin, & Ray Gillan(On the seventh star bootleg. Died before recording w/ sabbath)

Dehumanizer = Best Sabbath album ever.

Latest posts