What To Do??? I Need Opinions!

• Thread starter chipsta21
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chipsta21

Reaction score
Hey ive got a couple of guitars that i used to play alot until i got my ibby prestige so now they just collect dust. i wanted to atleast make them look badass so then ill want to play them more haha.

Anyways, the rg i was thinking about refinishing it with a swirl (need color opinions), or possibly bying a veneer (thinking about a flame koa) i would also like to know where i could get a veneer and what kind of paint i would need to swirl the guitar depending on which route i take.

The V i have no idea what to do with it (I HATE V's) ha so just throw some ideas at me!

Appreciate it!
Anthony

projects.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
You need enamel paint to swirl a guitar, humbrol paints are what most people use. In my experience, swirling is a massive pain in the ass. :wallbash:

I like veneer tops, but I have no idea where you could get some. I'm also interested in in, so I'll stick around to see what goes down.

As for the V, how about you send it to me? ;)

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
I've gotten my veneers off of eBay and got them at a good price (especially for someone inexperienced like myself). I'm still wrapping up my first veneering project, but my second one should go much smoother.

chipsta21

Reaction score
You need enamel paint to swirl a guitar, humbrol paints are what most people use. In my experience, swirling is a massive pain in the ass. :wallbash:

I like veneer tops, but I have no idea where you could get some. I'm also interested in in, so I'll stick around to see what goes down.

As for the V, how about you send it to me? ;)

Actually working out a deal to sell it to another guy hahaha if it falls thru ill let u know :lol:

')