What to do with RG7620

• Thread starter c0r3f1ght3r
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been trying to find out what guitar I want to continue progressing with, and unfortunately the 7620 seems to be a dead end with me because of the scale length. This guitar is awesome, bridge is in almost new condition I would say, frets are good, the setup was OK from local shop supposedly the best in town but I'm questioning that per setup. I'm debating going with a Agile 27" or just straight to a Agile 8 because I want to play deep like F# E etc. If anyone has any tips or possible want to trade me another guitar for this one message me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Well, what are you trying to do with this guitar exactly?

Reaction score
I'm torn in between getting multiple guitars or just an 8 string. I like F# tuning with the 8 strings, also like the E tuning with them, and I also like a lot of Keith Merrow stuff. I honestly think the 25.5 scale is too small for anything lower than B, string becomes to loose imo, and I've even taken it to get it setup... i dunno what the deal with it is... I mean the tremolo is in amazing condition, frets are awesome, neck is sweet, but I just can't get it to intonate on the B string... and I like to play a lot of deep stuff mainly on the lower strings, and its just not working out. I don't have the $ to guy buy another 7, so I'm either going to sell this one which I'm trying to and get a longer scale or an 8, or figure out what to do with this one to make it work...

Last edited:

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Okay, clearing up a misconception. The amount of strings you have is irrelevant--a 6 string guitar on a 28" scale will handle say, E, the same way a 9 string 28" scale would. It isn't the string number, it's the scale (you seem to only be interested in the low register).

SECOND, I have a 25.5" scale guitar in G# (and still really tight... I need that), and that is the absolute farthest I'll likely go, except for fun. That means go longer if you want to go lower.

Sounds like in the tuning you're in, you need heavier strings.

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure of what to do next so its on the bay if anyone wants it, I like the 8 strings because u get the lower registers AND still have standard tuning, I have pretty big long hands, 7 string is no work for me. So I think an 8 would be my type of guitar to continue on, unfortunately I live in Salt Lake City, UT, and I cannot find a shop with a 8 on display, most these shops barely have any 7s either... I think what I may do is order that Ernie Ball 8 string set since it comes with a 64, and tune G# as noted above, because I do like playing in C# on 6 string, but we'll see.

')