What Tremolo on a EBMM JP7 body ?

• Thread starter jimiyves
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jimiyves

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a EBMM JP7 body, without Tremolo. I thought about OFR 7 or Kahler to replace it, but the size is not the same.

So, in order to not enlarge the hole for the Tremolo, what solutions could be explored ?

I saw this :

- Hipshot US contour Tremolo, but it is expensive ;
- Gotoh Tremolo, on WDmusic.uk, but it is maybe too short ;
- Wilkinson Tremolo, but it does not exist in 7 string version ;
- Musicman Tremolo, but I don't believe I will find it on ebay. I send a mail to Musicman France but I think they don't sell a complete Tremolo.

I could enlarge the hole and buy a Kahler or a OFR ... if I have no other solution.

Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The JP7 trem recess is designed to fit the EBMM trem. No matter which aftermarket trem you decide to use, you will have to modify the body to fit it. The Hipshot will likely require the least body modification, and the OFR will require the most.

I probably wouldn't put a Kahler on a guitar that's already been routed for a fulcrum-type trem unless you're planning on filling the existing cavities.

jimiyves

Reaction score
Thank you. So you think that the Hipshot needs least body modifications than the Gotoh ? I see Gotoh Trem specifications and it seems to go with the JP7, but I'm not sure.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, the Gotoh is probably similar as well. It's really hard to make a definitive judgement without precise dimensions.

Latest posts

')