What TUNING do you use on your MAIN 7 String?

• Thread starter Hendog
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaos-G

Reaction score
I tried to tune my Carvin in drop A but I wasn't happy with the low string tension as the Sperzels won't allow me to use a gauge thicker than 60 :noway: So I went back to standard....

clubshred

Reaction score
One of my 7's is tuned like a normal guitar, but a half-step down (BEADGBE) and the other is tuned a half step down but the bottom two strings are tuned in fifths. (GDADGBE)

BenSolace

Divine Solace
Reaction score
Drop C with a low G (GCGCFAd), sometimes tuning the low C up to D when playing standard tuning songs. Love it! :hbang:

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
i use Drop G/Ab and A

I haven't found which one i should use but i keep moving around finding whats best...

When i get a 10 string i plan on using FAGEDFACE (Drop Z Tuning)

In all seriousness 10 strings are to much for me XD

Hot47

Reaction score
On my Mayones I used to play Drop G#. I like this tuning because a low G# has almost an 8-stringy sound, but I still have the Eb tuning which is pretty much "standard"/can be used for many non-djent songs.

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
On my Mayones I used to play Drop G#. I like this tuning because a low G# has almost an 8-stringy sound, but I still have the Eb tuning which is pretty much "standard"/can be used for many non-djent songs.

exactly why i liked G#. Not only that i can still use the new standard tuning on a 8 string with a low Eb. Having me play in Drop G defeats the purpose of me getting a 8 string

I mean i heard Tiger was played on a 8 till i saw that misha said it was on a 7 then i realize i truely love G#

FatKol

Reaction score
90% of the time I'm using the Standard tuning. :)

Sometimes I use also (for ambient music):
A# - F - A# - D# - F - a# - d#

Funz

Reaction score
B standard, but Im currently in a jazz/neo soul group, so standard tunings almost ALWAYS apply. In the past I used Bb standard just so it wasnt in a standard tuning (metal).

Reaction score
Look no further. I have mine set up in Drop C (CGCFADG) since the other guitarist I'm working with uses a 6 in Drop C. My hands don't feel at home on a 6, and that extra string for lead work is just awesome.

So, just a question. what tuning could i use for my 7 when my band drops to drop b? (B,F#,b, E, G#, C#) i want to start using my seven string so i can do some stuff with the extra octave and a half but the other guitarist doesn't want to tune up. I'm kinda stuck i would like to have the drop b tuning on regular starting on the low B string and then have the extra string that would go in the sequence like the one about ^^

')