What was the first game you ever played?

• Thread starter henrythomas
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For me it was pong on a computer with a 5 inch green screen built right into the computer and a drive bay just as big as the computer to read the disks like a floppy but bigger and thin

Pong frist second was frogger.. on the same green screen computer..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadseen

Reaction score
I think it was duckhunt and super mario bros on 8-bit nintendo because my neighbor had it, but then I got myself an atari st but I can't remember what game was my first.

IDLE

Reaction score
Dunno the first one I remember had beans and tippy cups. I'm not sure what the point was, but I got the beans stuck in my nose so it didn't matter anyway,

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
commondore 64 and/or atari. anonymous games that no-one ever saw again :lol:

it was awesome fun though!

then there was lots of DOS games from then on, and NES and SNES, and all that stuff.

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
I was 3 or 4 years old living in Germany (1978-1979). My parents had an Odyssey 300. It's had Pong, Hockey, and Smash on it. I wonder if they still have it.

odyssey300.jpg

Then they bought an Atari 2600 before we moved to the US

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I had an SNES when I was really little. I cant remember any specific games. Sonic 2 took up alot of my time as a child though. I still play it from time to time.

splinter8451

Reaction score
Prob Paperboy or Super Mario 3. It is a tough call which one I played first back in the day.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
it was some thing called a collecovision i think it was speeled? didnt have removable games but a switch on the console to change between 3 games lol.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I was 3 or 4 years old living in Germany (1978-1979). My parents had an Odyssey 300. It's had Pong, Hockey, and Smash on it. I wonder if they still have it.

odyssey300.jpg

Then they bought an Atari 2600 before we moved to the US

Shit, that's what that fucking thing was! I was trying to remember what the hell it was, I was like 5 (or less) and I remember playing Pong on the TV with family on Holidays and shit.

Also had an Atari, and oooooooooold Mac (got that when I was 5) and then a couple years later a Packard Bell 486 to play DOS games.

Seriously, someone needs to compile a shit ton of DOS games, update the look so they'd look okay on big monitors, and release that shit for newer OS's, like a big fucking collection of them. All the old school Lucas Arts games (Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island, etc), this Pirates game that I really have no idea what the fuck it was called, and a shit ton of others. Those were the golden years of computer games, graphics were shit, but games were a lot better.

I look at games now and it just seems like it's a bunch of eye candy. There are exceptions, but the majority of games today suck :lol:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't say I remember, but I'll almost guarantee it was some shitty Tiger handheld. :lol:

From my earlier memories, though, I believe it was Super Mario Bros. 3 or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Either way, it was at my friend's house. The first game of my own that I can remember playing was Street Fighter II (pre-turbo). Arcade wise, I think it was either Knight Rider or Knights of the Round.

')