What was the first game you ever played?

• Thread starter henrythomas
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AK DRAGON

Guitar Popcicle
Reaction score
I was 3 or 4 years old living in Germany (1978-1979). My parents had an Odyssey 300. It's had Pong, Hockey, and Smash on it. I wonder if they still have it.

odyssey300.jpg

Then they bought an Atari 2600 before we moved to the US

Oh man this brings back memories.

Reaction score
This.
My parents paid $1.99 or something per hour for me to play those damn games. Now people think $15 per month is a lot to spend :lol:

Jesus H!! My parents would have went broke to fund my video game addiction.. i played Mario and Double Dragon for fuckin hours a day, everyday!

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Megadrive, back in about 1992.
:agreed:
Same here. I went to a friend's house and played it, I was instantly hooked. I ended up getting my own later that year.

I will pwn anyone at any of the old school sonic games, this is a verifiable fact.

conorreich

Momento Mori
Reaction score
i played a dos game when i was 5 or 6 where you had a triangle shaped jet and you had to navigate it over holes and oddly colored blocks.

anyone remember the name of that one? other wise

DOOM!!!!:hbang:

Zak1233

Contributor
Reaction score
My mum bought me a SNES and Zelda: A Link To The Past when I was 4, been hooked on nintendo/zelda ever since. :lol:

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
While I'm sure it wasnt my first starcraft is what initially turned me into a gamer / kid who spends every waking minute playing games.

gdbjr21

Reaction score
Pong we had a little console that had pong, tennis and squash.
I'm 36 so we had that, old old school stuff.

')