What was the first live show you ever went to ?

• Thread starter Andromalia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zakattak192

Reaction score
Iron Maiden with Dio and Motorhead opening in 2003. I was in the 4th grade. Best first show... EVER.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Weird Al

Or if you don't concert that a "legit" concert, AC/DC in '99

J-Dub

Reaction score
Dream Theater, Queensryche with special guest Fates Warning @ The Concord Pavillion back in 03' in California. Been a DT fan sense then.

Reaction score
06 FAMILY VALUES in NASHVILLE FTW!!!!! give it up for the late (74-07) Starwood Ampitheater! 10 years was amazing, and i got to shake Chino's hand from deftones, Korn sucked ass though (not surprisingly) i was 13 and have never had an experience like that....FOR GOD'S SAKE THEY HAD PAINTBALL FIELDS set up on the lawn xD

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
Malmsteen. To this day no other show has made my ears ring for 3 days straight like that one did.

Alimination

Space Adventurer
Reaction score
Slipknot like... in 2002.. then the day after that Dimmu borgir, and then Gwar the day after that lol!

Yeah I lost my metal show virginity quite violently actually now that I think about it. haha

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Boston and Styx. :ugh: It was boring as hell, but my aunt and uncle had an extra ticket, because their daughter didn't want to go and I had spent the night anyways, so no need passing it up.

My second show was a local gig, I count that as my first show, because it was so much better.

My all time favorite show was when I saw Deftones, last August. I will never forget that night, so awesome.

tuneinrecords

Reaction score
AC / DC

1991 Razors Edge World Tour at Madison Square Garden NYC. I had the tickets waaaay ahead of time and could hardly wait. LA Guns opened up and they had this awful feedback noise screaming through much of their set.
AC / DC were of course fn amazing, but that's just stating the obvious.

Lewk

Reaction score
Machinehead touring Burn My Eyes at Cardiff in hmmm 1995 iirc with Meshuggah as support (Destroy, Erase Improve). Pretty fucking good first gig :hbang:

')