What was the first live show you ever went to ?

• Thread starter Andromalia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Well first actual show was Fuel and Local H. But then I discovered metal. So the next concert I saw was Static-X and Megadeth!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well: the mid-late 90's was fucking awesome outside of the mainstream with tons of badass prog metal, melodeath, and power metal BUT mainstream rock and metal sucked majorly - worse than any time before or after IMO.

There was a stretch there that good metal wasn't being played on the radio. The clubs and theaters that had metal acts closed down and there wasn't much access to it.

This was also the time where Nu-Metal and Rap Metal was becoming popular. I wasn't into that. Messhuggah wasn't getting any recognition where I was. I didn't find them until '03 or '04. Then Metallica released 'Load' and the universe imploded. All was lost.

I do remember the rise of nu metal, although I wasn't really into metal at all at the time. I always felt like I was one of the few kids my age that didn't enjoy that nu metal stuff at all:lol:
I would have figured for you older guys that were really into metal back then, there must have been a radio station, or at least maybe a one hour slot kind of thing for underground metal?
By what you're saying, I guess there wasn't :(

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Tool at the Rod Laver Arena, on the first visit of the Lateralus tour 23/07/2001. Awesome birthday out for me. :metal:

Yeah, I was late when it came to seeing live bands but I was broke back then. :lol:

Hollowman

Reaction score
Ozzy Osbourne, White Lion and Vixen No Rest for the Wicked Tour in 89 in MD ... The first real metal concert I went to was Judas Priest, Testament, Megadeth in the 90's PainKiller Tour in Philly.

zeaoth

Reaction score
Meshuggah, Cynic, Faceless. I was 25. :( I didn't know anyone that was into the same music I was. My g/f went with me. she thought it was awesome. :hbang:

troyguitar

Reaction score
Ozzy Osbourne, White Lion and Vixen No Rest for the Wicked Tour in 89 in MD ... The first real metal concert I went to was Judas Priest, Testament, Megadeth in the 90's PainKiller Tour in Philly.

Vixen and White Lion - who was the prettiest person between the two bands? :lol:

Xalton

Djent Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember this like it was yesterday. It was at the Boardwalk in Orangevale, Lycanthrope was headlining, but I went to go see Fallujah, not Lycanthrope, but I moshed with LYcanthrope, and those guys get down in the pit. It started off with these local bands and it went from light indie music and then it just got progressively harder until you got to Fallujah who was like fucking Blackened Deathmetal, it was really sick. We ran some circle pits that night, I moshed with Lycanthrope and I screamed and I fuckin dug that bassist. That guy had an epic low stance.

khournos

Reaction score
My first show was Elton John when i was 10, so about 2001 or something xDDD

marbledbeef

Reaction score
Tool at the Rod Laver Arena, on the first visit of the Lateralus tour 23/07/2001. Awesome birthday out for me. :metal:

Yeah, I was late when it came to seeing live bands but I was broke back then. :lol:

Yeah man! I was there too, awesome concert :bowdown:

Mine was Living Colour, early 90's :shred:

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
I guess I'd been to a few things as a child that meet the category of "live show," but those were never at my instigation, just things my parents dragged me to. Would've been good if either of them had any taste in music: my dad's favourite recording artists are Celine Dion and Robbie Williams.

The first show I paid for a ticket for was the Offspring on their "Conspiracy of One" tour at Wembley Arena in 2000. I'm somewhere in the video for "Million Miles Away," stage left, about 10 feet back. I was 15. Good gig in my opinion at the time, and moreso at present. Even today I still love that album.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it was '91... Queensryche with Suicidal Tendencies opening.

Jontain

Reaction score
First live shows I went to where local ska/punk/metal gigs, cant remember any of the bands as they were all local guys :lol:

Pleanty of cover bands I saw at harley rallys as a kid (covering bands like sabbath, pink floyd, led zepplin etc)

First 'known' band I saw was either Reel Big Fish or Bullet For My Valentine when they first hit (trollolol the shame!)

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
1992 (I was 12) -- Billy Joel: Storm Front Tour. :lol:

*edit* I also saw Harry Bellafonte live @ Wolf Trap that year, but I don't remember which concert came first.

')