What was the worst guitar you have ever played or owned?

• Thread starter samdaman87
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xibuque

Reaction score
Tagima Zero

Tagima is a brazilian brand.

This one is not mine, it was upgraded. The stock hardware really sucks. Mine had a twisted neck and a loose truss rod, it is usal in this brand. :realmad:

tagima-zero-1998-modelo-feito-por-encomenda_MLB-F-2798240974_062012.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noise in my mind

Reaction score
Rga8: sounded terrible with stock pickups, but great with blackouts. The guitar had terrible intonation. A square flat neck. No upper fret access. And could not stay in tune for more than 10 mins, yes i have a soft touch.

Jackson 2006 sl2h: had a twist in the neck and bad fretting. Shame since jackson makes great guitars.

Matt_D_

Reaction score
my rgd200 bass. seriously. i wouldnt use it for firewood its that bad.

rule of thumb, dont buy a bass that's only 3x more expensive than the strings that come on it.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
I believe last time I posted in here I said it was the Dean Vendetta xm, but it has been replaced with the plywood feeling, floyd rose equipped epiphone
This one
ENLXHBNF3-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

not sure if the one I played was just a dud as most of the higher end epi stuff has been pretty good lately but who knows.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Gibson Custom shop hummer comes in first, hands down. the work was spotty at best, all the joints were separating, neck was awkward, frets were terrible, and all at a grand total of $6000.

Also a Gibson SG guitar of the week. Fretboard was separating from the neck, inlays kept popping out, after the headstock snapped I just got rid of it and got my Hellraiser, which has never given me a single problem despite going through more abuse than that Gibson had ever taken.

For shame Gibson :noplease:

Reaction score
Gibson Custom shop hummer comes in first, hands down. the work was spotty at best, all the joints were separating, neck was awkward, frets were terrible, and all at a grand total of $6000.

Also a Gibson SG guitar of the week. Fretboard was separating from the neck, inlays kept popping out, after the headstock snapped I just got rid of it and got my Hellraiser, which has never given me a single problem despite going through more abuse than that Gibson had ever taken.

For shame Gibson :noplease:

Damn, dude. I've heard bad things about Gibson, but Jesus Christ. I hope you got your money back.

I played a Gibson at a Guitar Center in Cherry Hill once. Can't remember the model but it was about $2,300. The quality for the price was astoundingly bad. The binding and frets literally made it look like it was worth maybe $200 at best. I was pretty surprised.

However, the worst guitar I've ever played was a no-name-brand acoustic my buddy's dad found. I bought new strings for it and and when I restrung it, it could not be tuned or intonated at all. Completely unplayable. Worst guitar I've ever played.

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score
Man can't believe all the gibson hate. :(

I have a great gibby les paul. Love that thing.

I had an Epiphone LP Custom (it was like 700.00) a few years ago and that may have actually been the worst guitar ever. It did nothing well and most things badly.

It took me 5 years to dip a toe back in the Gibson family waters. :lol:

Jzbass25

Reaction score
Worst guitar I've ever played? Some crap BC Rich a guy at school bought, it couldn't even tune up to pitch without breaking a string. Worst guitar I've ever owned is a toss up between my American Deluxe Strat and my yamaha pacifica tele.

The strat was very good when it was setup correctly but the tech at the shop ruined it when I wanted him to set it up with 12 gauges and I had no knowledge to fix the setup, I did however adjust the springs on the bridge since he just let the floating bridge pull towards the neck without any adjustment. The guy who owns it now most likely loves the thing since he probably has a good tech.

smfcbow

Reaction score
Ibanez GAX70. First guitar I ever owned and wish it wasnt.

Why dude. I loved my GAX. wish I still had it. I bought a AX7521 cuz i missed my GAX :p

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
Worst played was a Gibson Voodoo, and I was not a fan of a JP7. It felt good but I did not enjoy the sound I got with it. Sorry guys. :shrug:

heregoesnothing

SS.org nub
Reaction score
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage with hard V-neck profile :(

probably the most painful & uncomfortable neck i've ever played..it's like playing a toblerone

7JxN7

Reaction score
B.C. Rich Bich Bronze series. Put heavier strings on it (11's for memory), tuned it to drop B, the neck screws tore out pretty much instantly. Drilled and filled the holes in the neck, refitted it.

Then a week later the the screws that held the tremolo to the block sheared off. Been looking to get a nice high end BC Rich one day to make up for it.

tank

Reaction score
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage with hard V-neck profile :(

probably the most painful & uncomfortable neck i've ever played..it's like playing a toblerone

HOW the fuck you know toblerone? ahahahahahahaha it's an italian chocolate made thing XD

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Probably the first guitar I ever had, Ibanez GAX30. Thank god I didn't become a total Ibanez hater just because of it. :lol:

HOW the fuck you know toblerone? ahahahahahahaha it's an italian chocolate made thing XD

Dude, everybody knows Toblerone. It is sold around the world.

vstealth

Reaction score
Probably the first guitar I ever had, Ibanez GAX30. Thank god I didn't become a total Ibanez hater just because of it. :lol:
I too have a gax30, my first guitar, looking at it now, yeh it was absolutely terrible but back when I was just a dumb kid, I didnt know any better lol. For a entry level, I would say it is one of the best choices in the category.

The absolute worst guitar I have ever played was the other guitarist in my current bands fake esp custom shop (which he still thinks is legit). I cant even beleive how he played this thing before I fixed it up as best I could. Strings close to a cm of the fretboard at the 12th fret, that bridge was fucking cranked up so high, terrible fretwork, psnd pickups like that in my old gax30 and strings that hadnt been changed for a year. Couple this with playing through a korg effects pedal then and into a pa speaker and you have the worst sounding tone one could ever imagine.

Fluxx

Reaction score
How have I not seen this thread?

DEFINITELY the worst guitar i've ever played was a B-stock Michael Kelly Vex I bought on ebay. The seller was a Michael Kelly dealer and I had previously bought a Patriot Premium from him which was awesome, but the Vex sucked. You'd think "oh yeah.. B-stock, go figure", but apparently the B-stock was for finish blems only, not sound issues. That guitar had frets like razorblades on the ends.

Another one was a USA EVH Wolfgang special I had. Same problem. Knives for fret ends.

ScarSymmetry

Reaction score
Worst guitar for me was a ltd-ec 1000 black...very uncomfortable neck-narrow to my taste and extra super jumbo frets,high as hell

')