What was the worst guitar you have ever played or owned?

• Thread starter samdaman87
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

arcadia fades

Reaction score
worst 6 and 7

Ibanez RG1527 "Prestige" :rolleyes:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic (Floyd Rose Version)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-JeKo-

Reaction score
Not quality-wise but Gibson SG's are very uncomfortable to play!

Senaeth

Reaction score
Some 100 euro cheap as strat I got for my birthday. The fretboard was the most horrible thing I have ever played it was as if the strings got caught in the wood, the pick-ups where horrible and it went out of tune in 3 seconds flat.
I ended up dubbing it the Shit-o-caster

Alexis

Reaction score
It was a Shamray Custom Shop RR Modell. Haven't seen such a crap before!

Senaeth

Reaction score
Rga8: sounded terrible with stock pickups, but great with blackouts. The guitar had terrible intonation. A square flat neck. No upper fret access. And could not stay in tune for more than 10 mins, yes i have a soft touch.

Jackson 2006 sl2h: had a twist in the neck and bad fretting. Shame since jackson makes great guitars.

I love my RGA8 after getting it the intonation good, and replacing the stock-pickups (which I have to admit are shit) with dimarzio activator 8's it's my fav guitar in my collection

guvnor

Guvn'or smith
Reaction score
But how? I mean ... that's impossible! It's a Japanese built Charvel Fusion Deluxe with a maple board? It CAN'T be crap? You're ruining my world!!!!

(please note: this post is supposed to contain humour).

I have that guitar, it's fucking amazing! How the hell can you hate that!? :nuts:

Blue1970Cutlass

emberwolfmusic.com
Reaction score
Worst guitar for me was a ltd-ec 1000 black...very uncomfortable neck-narrow to my taste and extra super jumbo frets,high as hell

Wow, I'm not doubting you but that is the first complaint I've heard about an EC-1000... like ever (myself included)

Zado

Reaction score
Wow, I'm not doubting you but that is the first complaint I've heard about an EC-1000... like ever (myself included)
I'm not very surprised 'bout what he said,I also tried some EC1000,and not all of them were that good...One was a fantastic instrument in particular,but another one I tried seemed just a different guitar from another brand...Dead with no resonance and no sustain and frets could have been cut better.

A friend of mine has one,which is very nice but has some minor flaws on the finish...just to say that most korean guitars have not reached the status of unexceptionable quality belonging to japanes ones yet

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Tagima Zero

Tagima is a brazilian brand.

This one is not mine, it was upgraded. The stock hardware really sucks. Mine had a twisted neck and a loose truss rod, it is usal in this brand. :realmad:

Is this true for all their models? I was very interested in one of the Kiko Loureiro sigs, but they are very pricey and I'd never get to be hands on before buying one. Is this like comparing a $299 Ibanez to a J-custom or is the whole lineup shoddy?

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Man can't believe all the gibson hate. :(

I have a great gibby les paul. Love that thing.

I had an Epiphone LP Custom (it was like 700.00) a few years ago and that may have actually been the worst guitar ever. It did nothing well and most things badly.

It took me 5 years to dip a toe back in the Gibson family waters. :lol:

well, also one of the best guitars I've ever played was a Gibson. a 74' 25th anniversary Les Paul. Now that guitar is actually worth the price tag. But I mean an LP standard isn't that much less than a JP signature, and the JP sig is a far superior guitar.

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
I had a '79 hardtail strat that would have been a great boat anchor, since it was just as heavy as one, sounded like one would probably sound, and had a neck shaped like a banana...

noise in my mind

Reaction score
I love my RGA8 after getting it the intonation good, and replacing the stock-pickups (which I have to admit are shit) with dimarzio activator 8's it's my fav guitar in my collection

Really? Glad to hear it's working out for you :hbang:

I had mine setup by a professional shop, and it still did not intonate very well. Maybe mine was a lemmon of sorts?:scratch:

feilong29

Reaction score
I had a Dean Vendetta 7 that buzzed like hell and just sounded terrible! But what did I expect for $300?

Modest

nuke dropping
Reaction score
A red silvertone walmart special
srk1_001_small.jpg

i only had it for 2 weeks... it was then sacrificed against a bass cab for not staying in tune.

TelegramSam

7-string Understudy
Reaction score
Had a Gibson Melody Maker Les Paul in our shop for a while. Sounded awful. The (only) pickup was worse than a bit of potato as a pickup and the neck work was pretty bog-standard. Don't know how we managed to sell it to be honest.

JoeyW

Reaction score
When I was 14 I bought a Dean DFH... Everything about that guitar was the biggest mistake of my life.

craigny

Winning...duh
Reaction score
I had a Washburn Nuno N24 (the import version of the vaulted N4)...not the ultra cheap N2 mind you...this was a close import repro of the real deal. but i dunno if the BL blade pickup was the culprit or the cheap LFR, but that thing had no tone man....perhaps i didnt give it enough of a chance but it was gone pretty soon...also, again i may be baised since i got it right when i first got back into guitar playing but i had an Epiphone Gopth LP that sounded like ass with the noisest/muddy pickups ever.

parksed24

Reaction score
I had a Gibson SG for about 6 months, until the headstock snapped off... Just haven't had good Gibson experiences overall. Maybe it's just my luck though!

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
most of the Ibanez guitars with wizard neck.

I know many people like them but guess they are just not for me.
The really thin wizard neck cramp my hand really bad to play chords.

But not all of them, some of the prestige necks I've play are really nice!
Like my friend's RGD2127z. I really like that guitar.

I don't know why but somehow that guitar doesn't cramp my hand.

Latest posts

')