What was the worst guitar you have ever played or owned?

• Thread starter samdaman87
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalstrike

I love signature guitars!
Reaction score
Schecter Jeff Loomis (C-style body).
Maybe I just played a dud, but DAMN, it was
the MOST dissapointing 45 minutes of my life.

Man I feel that. It definitely wasn't the worst I've ever played but It's the worst I've blindly bought(stupid local guitar stores not having it). It had a horrendous fret job. Playing it just pissed me off which was a HUGE disappointment:noplease:. Needless to say it was sent back 2 days later.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

samdaman87

Metal Cholo
Reaction score
I want to see pictures of some really messed up guitars with the frets popping out or something funny on those lines. I have seen some really disgusting guitars being sold at a pawn shop with rusty green crap all over the frets and inlays and missing a truss rod plate. Damn pawn shops:noplease:

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
I didn't play it, but I saw at a pawnshop one time was A BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock, with the horns on the top cut off of the head stock. They were selling it for $60 over the cost of a new one. I questioned hard what kind of fucking retard bought it, and the same retard for trying to sell it for so much.

LLink2411

Banned
Reaction score
My Ibanez S5470 Prestige looked great, felt great, and sounded decent, but dear jesus christ it would not stay in tune at all.

If you palm muted the e-sting or picked it firmly, the guitar would drop a whole step gradually over like 5 seconds. It was like someone was twisting the tuning keys.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
I had this 'Gothic' Gibson SG. Satin black, no inlays. Was intended to be a project axe. Was gonna put in cool inlays, do a nice finish, etc. But 2 major things:

The neck was shit. It was incredibly thick, which is meh. But the fretwork was atrocious. Some of the frets were so snaggletoothy that you could cut your finger on them. I guess they aren't used to having no binding to cover up the sloppy workmanship.

Secondly, IT FUCKING STANK. I don't know what it was, but the think smelled stale and mouldy. No amount of febreze, baking soda, air, ozone, etc could remove the smell from the case or guitar.

It sounded ok. It had a really smooth quality to it. Ended up trading for an outdated dSLR camera which saw way more use.

Did you buy it new or used? Gibsons smell like cake when they're brand new. And they have that smell for a while.

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Fender Squier Strat combo haha gotta start somewhere!! Never thought i'd be here!

StratPkSEBK-xlarge__97395_zoom.jpg

DrBloodyJack

Total guitar geek
Reaction score
I've played a lot of low-end and mid-end shit. So here are the worst.
1) My friends Epi SG Special. Neck is a nightmare for me, frets are as big n' high as my co... as mountains :lol: I can't remember it's sound, but I remember once it's electronics burnt in 5 minutes before concert :lol:

2) B.C. Rich ASM Pro. I played it in a guitar shop while I was choosing my honey, but finally I choised pre-owned american Jackson SDK-1:shred: So, this BC had sound of satan's farting. It's VERY VERY indistinct. Tone knob was on the brightest position, amp settings was awesome, another BC Rich Assasin somethingsomething had much better sound with the same amp setings. It's very odd for EMG's.

3) And the last one, Aelita - with love from USSR:hbang: Problems are the same as Epi's. But more than, it has very odd pups and bridge. And also, it's made from dunno wut, maybe it is an firewood :lol: But I heard that it's made from different pieces of different wood, and there's a legend that it has a bit of alder and maple:nono:

Efilnikufesin

Reaction score
ltd m-100- when I bought it the floyd rose wasn't set right and since I was a newb I didn't catch that until later. the stock pickups were shitty and, well, the rest is my fault:

I tried changing the strings and lost the blocks and it took forever to get new ones, I also lost the screws for the locking nut, then I stepped on it one morning by accident and snapped the neck off (got it fixed, it was bolt-on) and then one day I thought I had a great idea! I'll scallop the frets! Well I ended up ripping into a few of the frets and rendered it unable to bend strings on. I stopped using it and now it sits in my closet in shame with no strings and the bridge pickup removed.

Damn shame too, that neck was FAST!

edit:

also a friend of mine showed me his esp Forest. the floyd was stuck in the "up" position so the strings were like, an inch off the body. It was his first guitar so he didn't even notice it!

Fillifax

Reaction score
48c-DSC_0021.JPG

Oh God, the balance issues with this one! Played perfectly sitting down, but was so neck heavy it was unplayable standing.

AVWIII

Pope of Chilitown
Reaction score
Well... of all the ones I've owned (and I think I've owned about 30-37 by now)I'd say it was the Agile pendulum 82527, but purely on a cost:quality ratio. Sounded awful, The neck carve was horrible, and had the worst neck dive I've ever witnessed. Sent it back ASAP.
It was made very nicely though!
Oh shit I forgot about the emerald carbon fibre acoustic I owned (you can find the NGD post on here...full of straight out of the box honeymoon compliments)!!!
That was a bad time. Very tinny tone, flubby E string with no sustain, unadjustable neck that was slightly bowed, string that was misalligned, etc. I took an $1000 bath on that one when it sold.
Fuck.
That.
Guitar.
The luthier was nice enough, but I grew tired of playing phone tag with someone in Ireland.

ThrashnBash

Reaction score
My LTD F-50. The stock pickups weren't horrible, but the weren't good either. I swapped them for AHB-1 Blackouts, and the grounding wire from the bridge fell off. I barely even touched the wire.....

vancouvermetalguitarguy

Reaction score
ESP LTD F-50.

That guitar was just horrible. Sounded like a tin can... so put some EMGs in there to hopefully thicken things up, made it sound even worst.

That guitar made me hate both the Low-end LTD and EMGs at the same time.

McBonez

Banned
Reaction score
Peavey Raptor.

Learned on it. And well, I still own it because it's my first guitar my parents got me way back in 1997.

Rayaus

Reaction score
The worst I've had was an Agile Interceptor 7 string. Although many people have had good experiences with Agile guitars, this one was simply terrible. The trem was incredibly stiff, the frets were rough and the guitar was barely playable. I sold it off as fast as I could.

texshred777

Reaction score
Peavey Raptor. Worst trem ever.

That was my first guitar, played through an epic Gorilla amp. I was so damned proud when I bought a sunburst MIM strat the next year. I must have picked up a good one that guitar was pretty good for a $300 cheapo. I probably put more playing time on that strat than any guitar since(the exception being my RG3120).

The worst guitar I've played that wasn't mine was a Gibson SG a friend had. I hated that guitar. The neck felt like shit and the pickups were more spiky and shrill than my strat.

Jet9

Petrucci Wannabe
Reaction score
Did you buy it new or used? Gibsons smell like cake when they're brand new. And they have that smell for a while.

My V smelled like vanilla at first. I fucking loved it.

')