What was your first guitar?

• Thread starter LeffJoomis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tssb

Reaction score
A Stagg S300BK from a starter pack i got for Christmas. Sold it after a year, when a Jackson appeared in the household, but i remember the tremolo arm snapped and the threaded portion was stuck in the tremolo. Had dead spots all over the fretboard. Sold it to a RHCP fan, he was happy with it :lol:
11334.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Serenity

Reaction score
A cheap grey starter strat by a company called Axe. It was pretty awful, but it got me playing.

Vrollin

Reaction score
Pretty sure mine was an Ibanez GRG40. It was a pretty crappy guitar, but it was my first and I loved it. I had planned to keep it forever but some low life decided they deserved my things more than I did and broke into my parents house while I was at work experience. They stole my stereo, guitar, two pedals a couple of bags and a beanie, right before the christmas holidays. I was devastated.

Podium

Reaction score
4750_1157477861876_2727598_n.jpg

Jackson Dinky JS-30, great neck, horrible bridge, plays really nice overall..

gujukal

Reaction score
A black/white Cort Strat, dont know the exact model but i think it was G200. It was pretty decent but half year later i got a black Ibanez GRG170DX. The sound was pretty good but it had some tuning issues, still used it for like three years before i bought an LTD MH-1000NT which is still my favourite guitar :)

LeffJoomis

Reaction score
Pretty sure mine was an Ibanez GRG40. It was a pretty crappy guitar, but it was my first and I loved it. I had planned to keep it forever but some low life decided they deserved my things more than I did and broke into my parents house while I was at work experience. They stole my stereo, guitar, two pedals a couple of bags and a beanie, right before the christmas holidays. I was devastated.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. I would have been devastated too :ugh:

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
Audition...by Woolworths...

I didn't take a picture of it at the time, but amazingly, Google yielded up this picture:

$T2eC16R,%21%29UE9s3wCLukBRhiBuI1h%21%7E%7E60_35.JPG

The only other thing I remember is that it smelt of pears when I smashed it up....

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
First was 3/4 size POS acoustic with strings an inch off the fretboard.
First electric was a LP copy by a company called Montaya. It looked exactly like this- hell, maybe this is my old guitar lol

330184856414-3.jpg

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Audition...by Woolworths...

I didn't take a picture of it at the time, but amazingly, Google yielded up this picture:

$T2eC16R,%21%29UE9s3wCLukBRhiBuI1h%21%7E%7E60_35.JPG

The only other thing I remember is that it smelt of pears when I smashed it up....

I don't know why, but the thought of pear smell spewing from a guitar as it breaks is amusing to me. It's like that shitty tryptophan defense mechanism in turkey's that makes you sleepy after you eat it.

man jerk

Reaction score
One of these
34714-1.jpg

A silvertone Jupiter. My uncle borrowed it to me. It was old, really old, and not really worth anything. He lent me a small old school tube amp too that had seen better days. I learned to play Seasons in the Abyss on it, learned my first chords and how to show off in front of my brother and his friends. That's about it.

He still has it. It's neat and interesting, but that's about it.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
The first guitar that I was regularly playing was my dad's Alvarez-Yairi acoustic guitar. The first guitar I had that was actually mine was an import model B.C. Rich Warlock platinum series. I still have it, though it needs some work to be playable. It is by no means a great guitar, but I cannot bring myself to part with it for the low market value it has.

EmaDaCuz

Brutal yet soulful
Reaction score
My first guitar was a cheap classic in the late 80s, replaced by an acoustic Ibanez in 1994 (I still have it and it rocks).
First electric guitar, in 1995, a Yamaha Pacifica 112.

Attachments

• 7461-yamaha-pacifica-112-natural__90273_zoom.jpg
    7461-yamaha-pacifica-112-natural__90273_zoom.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 7

s4tch

Reaction score
DSC_9371_rs.jpg

DSC_9374_rs.jpg

Ibanez EX370FMTB. I bought it in 1993, had it for 18 years. It came with a set of DiMarzio Al DiMeola pickups and with a mini-switch for coil splitting the humbuckers, so it was probably my most versatile and one of my best sounding guitar to date. I don't abuse trems too much, so the trem only required some service 3 or 4 times in 18 years. Not an Edge/Lo-Pro/OFR quality for sure, but decent anyway.

I dunno why I sold it. (Actually, I do: I stumbled upon SSO and I got hit by severe GAS for an RG7620... :lol: )

mr_rainmaker

Resident Cherokee
Reaction score
DSC_9371_rs.jpg

DSC_9374_rs.jpg

Ibanez EX370FMTB. I bought it in 1993, had it for 18 years. It came with a set of DiMarzio Al DiMeola pickups and with a mini-switch for coil splitting the humbuckers, so it was probably my most versatile and one of my best sounding guitar to date. I don't abuse trems too much, so the trem only required some service 3 or 4 times in 18 years. Not an Edge/Lo-Pro/OFR quality for sure, but decent anyway.

I dunno why I sold it. (Actually, I do: I stumbled upon SSO and I got hit by severe GAS for an RG7620... :lol: )

Love those EX models great freaking neck profile on them,very very underrated.

Jack Secret

Reaction score
Oh sweet Jesus. It's been exactly 30 years since I started playing guitar and my first one was a Memphis Strat copy I bought for $129 in 1986. White w/ white pickguard & maple neck. About a year or so later I got a red Charvel one humbucker with horrid Kahler fulcrum bridge. HORRID!

Latest posts

')