What was your first guitar?

• Thread starter Mattayus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
squier affinity strat, used.

now my brother is learning on it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
An Epiphone E Series Bully SG..it sounded decent through my fender frontman 25 watt..but then again I had nothing else to compare it to

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
i had to google a little to find out, but it was totally worth it!
my first guitar was an Ibanez Musician MC350NT i think. i was 11 and got it from my uncle to start playing guitar on. i had no idea at that time that i held a fairly ok guitar in my hands :lol:

i remember the neck was extremely thin and easy to handle, but the body was really heavy, so it was pretty badly balanced compared to new guitars.

anyway, i googled some pics of the model for those of you who aren't ibanez professors:

398.jpg

1813.jpg

DSC04201.JPG

339.jpg

i dont remember there being a metal plate below the trem, but i have a vague memory of three screw holes (i think) so it might have just gone lost. it wasnt in the best of shapes :lol:

i also dont remember the two switches above the knobs like the model on the pictures has (but i might be wrong, it was 15 years ago after all), and it had white plastic on the on/off knob up by the horn. aside from that i think its the exact model.

notice the fancy neck-through and the layers of woods!

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Didn't I just see this thread? :lol: Oh well.

[action=TomAwesome]copies and pastes[/action]

My first electric guitar was the Jackson Performer on the left of this picture:

l_ab2d135b73b38795d11b1235819a3de8.jpg

It doesn't show up well in that picture, but it's a really nice shade of transparent green that reminds me a lot of Steph Carpenter's old ESPs. Oddly enough, the Squier next to it was my second electric guitar and my first 7-string. Before either of them, I had a Samick bass with a really nice cherry burst on it, but I don't have any pictures of it.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
A Yamaha Eterna Acoustic....and I still have her as my one & only acoustic. ;)

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Yamaha EG112, P.O.S. I still have it in parts, the body is sanded and sitting on my desk. :)

That was the first guitar I had that was playable, but I also have an acoustic that is older than God in my basement that my grandpa gave me, no brand name markers, the neck is pulling away from the body, the tuners are shot, etc. Says "STEEL REINFORCED NECK" on the back of the headstock :lol:

aeronaut

Reaction score
a peavey t-27 that i stole from my moms dick head of an ex-boyfriend. that thing weighed like 20 f'in pounds and sounded like shit. got me by for awhile though. thanx rob. :fawk: :lol:

turmoil

l0rd of teh shr3d
Contributor
Reaction score
ahh my beloved Yamaha SE 350. I traded my friend a Digitech Whammy pedal, which i was using on my bass, to make this my very first guitar. Little did i know, it didn't have any fine tuners on the tremolo :lol:

here's a before and after shot of it.
BEFOREnAFTER.jpg

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
First electric was a White Fender Mexi-strat. Followed by a Les Paul Special, followed by an RG7321 and 1527.

SteveDendura

Reaction score
My first guitar was a black stratocaster. I can't remember when I got rid of it, but I traded it for another guitar....I think I've had over a dozen guitars. I've had 3 different Epiphone Les Pauls, a Jackson Kelly, 2 Dinky Reverses, Ibanez Rg350, and a few more. Right now I'm down to four; a Schecter C-1 Blackjack, a C-1 Hellraiser, an Ibanez acoustic performer, and I still have that Ibanez Rg350.

I want a C-7 Blackjack to be my first 7 stringer. I like the neck and bridge better than the Ibanez 7s.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Short scale piece of shit called a Synsonics Terminator. Ironically, it was terminated on a sidewalk right after I get my first real guitar, a Jackson Dinky Reverse. :lol:

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
3/4 size nylon string acoustic.
My first electric was green with white scratch plate Samick strat copy.
No matter how much I set up the trem and lubricated the nut and bridge saddles, I couldn't use the trem for more than 10 minutes without some strings going almost 2 semi- tone out of tune:lol:

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
My first guitar was a 2nd hand Ibanez RX-20. Black with white pickguard. Plywood. First thing I did was make it metal by cutting out a Sepultura 'Tribal S' symbol out of 3M reflective advesive material and put it on the body behind the bridge. It's now in pieces, sanded back, and looking pretty messed up. Should put it back together and give it a decent setup, palm it off to a younger cousin.

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
My first classical guitar was a 1/2 size Landola, which used to belong to my cousin. I found some pictures of me playing it from an old photo album, it did look kind of crappy.

My first electric guitar was a Tokai Als48bb Les Paul copy, made in Korea. I played it for a few years, and honestly, it was a pretty good guitar too. Even though it had an agathis body and all. I played it so much that the lacquer finish on the neck was sanded into a satin finish by my thumb :metal: It did fuck up my picking hand technique, however. I kept my hand on the bridge all the time, and when I got my next guitar (Ibanez Jpmp3), I had to learn a new picking hand position and technique, since the floyd would make the guitar go slightly out of tune if I kept my hand on the bridge. I got a Japanese Tokai Ls75 years later, which had "true" specs like a mahogany body and neck and a maple top, and even though it sounded better, I didn't like it as much as I had liked my first guitar, so I sold it pretty fast. I guess sentimental value matters too :shrug:

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
My first electric was some LP copy. Not even sure what brand it was at this point. First riff I taught myself was the first fast part of Seasons in the Abyss; with an Ibanez DS-10 connected directly to my stereo.

While trying to learn guitar, I taped all the note names on guitar (minus the flats and sharps). Several years later, I gave it to some dude I went to high school with. I wonder if he still has it.

ephriamiv7

Reaction score
my first was a sqier mini strat but i have sold that...i have almost 20 guitars know and just got a xiphos \m/

i would take pictures are yall interested?

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
well yeah, the whole reason i started this thread was for people to post pics as well as state which guitar they had, but no, it's just a thread full of writing now!

')